LegacyGT.com

Check out this boost gauge! (INSTALL PICS ADDED)

powbmps

:D This was just delivered today. It is exactly what I was looking for!!!45mm Omori mechanical boost gauge with the adjustable back light color. It looks like a sweet match with the red needle and white lettering. I need to figure out a way to mount in on my steering column. I'm putting it on the left side, in front of the Legacy logo on the tach. I'll post pictures when I figure it out.

Chris S.

(The needle is right at 0 when viewed straight on.)

1860864512_BoostGauge1.JPG.1efd564c8f7c2c4bc6f5b3b39b047a1d.JPG

If you guys want a preview of what I am putting on the GT, here is the thread of my post: [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=3620&highlight=[/url] HKS CAMP is a pretty cool unit as well.. of course, it cost a lot more than your boost gauge. That should be a cool install, I would like to see how you run the lines and stuff, if you could, please take some pics. Thanks Keefe
Keefe

Is Saab the only company who puts the gague in these days, or is the aftermarket so swollen that Subaru et al don't consider it necessary? Please post pictures after you've installed. It is nice to see it somewhere besides the A-pillar!

I checked on the Subaru boost gauge holder. It sounds like it would work, but it would cost $100 :o ! That's almost as much as the gauge itself. I purchased the gauge from J-Spec Tuning for $110 (shipping included). I think that is the only place to get the Omori gauges. Chris S.

im sorry... I read all these boost guage threads... and I have to say... for something that is not really needed on the car... this is one ugly addition. I would spend my time tring to find an electroillumiecent guage to match the rest of the guage cluster. mounting it in the little cubby by itself just throws everything off... At least you weren't the guy who dremeled the plastic to make his guage fit *shudder*

[quote name='RoundBoy']im sorry... I read all these boost guage threads... and I have to say... for something that is not really needed on the car... this is one ugly addition.[/quote] To each his own. I personally want a boost gauge... along with oil pressure and EGT. Would love to find a kit to fit in the cubby..... :)

hey dude sweet gauge.. i was thinkin of gettin the same one.. where u get it from and how much? i first was thinkin of the sweet defi guages but i cant stand lookin at bar.. i need psi!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wouldnt put it in the center console unless there was a plate covering the rest of the box. my ideal place would be right where u placed it on the steering column

[quote name='mccorry']To each his own. I personally want a boost gauge... along with oil pressure and EGT. Would love to find a kit to fit in the cubby..... :)[/quote] If you replaced the EGT gauge with an oil temp gauge, then the STi Genome Gauge Pack would be the answer, albeit a quadruple digit answer. I hope someone makes a cubby kit kinda like the old Kartboy AFC mount. [img]http://products.nasioc.com/images/afcmount.jpg[/img]

I finished the install. I can't wait to check it out after dark. From what I can see the illumination matches the factory gauges exactly. The backlight color is 'infinately' adjustable. The boost line is gray in these pictures.

Chris S.

Grommet.JPG.9b7c4803b0063e5bb0454f2ae29a3e58.JPG

Wheelwell.JPG.83b40e467a84332129e0a3785ee57fc1.JPG

882041685_BatteryRemoved.JPG.c104a5b5fd5bf8eb532a489164e10fc0.JPG

442690196_BoostLine.JPG.198d2bdc68c28b1ab2bc392812b2b76d.JPG

Here are some interior shots. This cost me $3.45 and about 1 1/2 hours of my time. Not bad. I'm not sure if I hooked it up in the right location though. The directions said to splice it into the line to the fuel pressure regulator, so that's what I did. I probably would have put it in the line to the bov, but the connector is too small. The needle wavers a bit under full boost (which barely hits 11.5 or so).

Chris S.

26326137_GaugeInstalled1.JPG.cda79756733f521f6a709df86eab29c0.JPG

1869817689_GaugeInstalled2.JPG.dd5b522d207b9bba28a3d238d9a5b254.JPG

1919268461_GaugeInstalled3.JPG.8f639a6dfef86b126b97990b4a509bd5.JPG

Looks GOOD!!! What is holding it on to the steering column? Thats the important part I think. I like how it matches the rest of the gauges. Now if you could buy one with a red ring around it. Also, a 0-15 or 0-20 would be nicer and more accurate. Good clean install.

Archived