LegacyGT.com

best springs for Struck struts?

stuck686

The stock springs are really the best for stock struts. I have Eibach (Epic) springs and they are fantastic with koni. I tried them with the stock struts alone and they were great for about 10k miles at which point 3 out of the 4 struts in my car were blown and making noise.

Big difference using performance/aftermarket springs. For your driving pleasure,stay with the oem's set-up. I am on oem's as my driving pleasure is unspirited most of the time.When the time comes to replace my set up, I might consider something other than oem's. I am quite happy with my stock set up...

No oem spring will lower your car. Evaluate your needs & understand how the suspension system works to make it beneficial to get the maximum performance. Whatever you decide on, I wish you luck. :)

ANY aftermarket spring will prematurely wear the stock struts. Depending on how you drive and what roads you take will determine how soon they will go. At the very least, with a mild drop you'll want to save money for the KYB GR2 struts which are built better than the oem struts and are cheaper than any performance option for this car. Eibach/Epic, Rallitek, or H-Techs would probably be your best bet for any mild drop mild stiffness increase over stock.

I am on H&R springs on stock struts. I've had them on for about 10k miles now with no issues. H&R claim that their product works fine on the stock struts and so far I agree. The ride is great; I have let a friend who is 60+ years old drive my car and he loved it. Also, my mum doesn't complain when she rides in my car which says something. Hope that helps.

I use eibach on stock struts with no issues for the past 10k miles.

Best spring to match oem struts.

If you can still get them :D

The quality of the H&Rs cannot be beaten. That's a fact. It will be on "who wants to be a millionaire" soon, watch. :p

You were asking me right?

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/teddywalton/Before%20and%20After%20Springs/After.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/teddywalton/Before%20and%20After%20Springs/AfterBackSide.jpg

Yeah.. that's more than twice I had when I put lowering springs on stock struts. I would replace your struts too just to be safe.

I plan on going with coilovers eventually.. So all things considered I stopped worrying about my stock struts blowing out and just did it.

Keep me posted I'd like to know/see what you decide on.

I put H&R's on brand new KYB G2's. I wanted to go with Koni's but I bought the car with coilovers on it, thus did not have the stock housings for the front inserts. Due to budget reasons (and a sweet deal on the struts) I got the KYB's with hopes of getting the Koni's down the line.

So far (8k miles) I can say that the set up is great imo, though I can't compare to Koni's. I can say my dad borrowed my car for a couple days and didn't mention a thing about the ride. He did mention it being kind of loud and too "giddy" for him though :lol:

I recommend H&R's a lot. Great product being Zeh Germans and all. But if your struts are already a bit old. I'd save up for Koni's also. Hear nothing but great things about them with aftermarket springs.

Archived