LegacyGT.com

Kartboy STS/Subaru MOMO Knob fitment issues

bmononana

So I just changed my broken COBB STS out for a brand new STS from Kartboy. Besides from being a taller knob height I like the shift distance, feel, etc all better on the Kartboy.

I have the subaru MOMO knob (leather/silver one) and it fit perfectly on the cobb. I went to screw it on to the Kartboy and all was fine until I reached the end of the thread, the "Subaru MOMO" lettering on the knob was perfectly perpendicular, i.e. it looks like the knob is on sideways. If you loosen it to line it up correctly the knob is loose. If you attempt to tighten the knob it won't budge.

Anyone else have this problem? its merely an aesthetic problem but I'm hoping someone has a fix.....

Keep twisting. The thread in the gearknob is plastic and you can thread it a bit further if needed. On my AVO STS the logo also ended up on a weird angle I just twisted the knob a further 3/4 and it is fine now. I have removed and refitted the knob maybe 3-4 times since then with no issues it goes on straight every time now.

• 3 weeks later...
So I just changed my broken COBB STS out for a brand new STS from Kartboy. Besides from being a taller knob height I like the shift distance, feel, etc all better on the Kartboy.

I have the subaru MOMO knob (leather/silver one) and it fit perfectly on the cobb. I went to screw it on to the Kartboy and all was fine until I reached the end of the thread, the "Subaru MOMO" lettering on the knob was perfectly perpendicular, i.e. it looks like the knob is on sideways. If you loosen it to line it up correctly the knob is loose. If you attempt to tighten the knob it won't budge.

Anyone else have this problem? its merely an aesthetic problem but I'm hoping someone has a fix.....

Take it off, and wind some unwaxed (or waxed if that's all you have), or possibly some plumber's silicon tape, one cycle top-to-bottom in the shifter threads, then reinstall the knob.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived