lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the tein h tech on my car and it feels good.. I wont be able to get the full feel until I get my tires replaced because at the same time I finally got the last strut replaced because one of the bolted rusted. But so far the ride is pretty good.

has anyone tried outback lowering springs on legacy struts ?

it seems like this could result in little to no drop but with increased firmness ?

I currently have the outback 2.5xt with stock 2.5i wagon springs and struts and 20mm rear sway bar+ the reinforcement brackets, whiteline rear camber and caster arms sloted towers for adittional caster and honed out struts for extra camber

it rides like a brand new legacy and handles pretty good but i still would like a bit more firmness esp in the rear

Sorry if this info has been post already. I've searched, I swear.

Will 08 Wrx struts/springs fit on my 09 Obxt? Thanks!

I am 90% sure the answer is no. I haven't seen anyone lower on WRX strtus. I think the rear suspension design is different. No idea on the front.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm need help tein s tech for drop or tein h tech for modest lowering effect. Was wondering if with s techs I'll rub with a 17x7.5 +45 rim wrapped in a 215x45 r17

I have the same size wheel size with 225/45/17 hankook tires.

I have tein s springs, tires don't rub, springs suck.

I read everyone's comments about tein s but went with those anyway and now I regret it, lesson learned. Like the stance but they just suck, struts bottom out on almost every pothole and road bump.

For those that live in MA around the norhtshore, the other day I drove on 95 Waltham area I think, were there is road work, at 50 mph the struts bottomed out on all the bumps.

When I have time I'll put the stock springs back on.

Sorry for the long text.

I have a 2000 Liberty gen3 and i want to lower the car but i cant afford coilovers and the lowering springs for my car only lower it 30mm from standard height. I found lowering springs for a 2000 wrx impreza that lowers it 60mm from standard height, was curious if those springs will fit in my car??

I'm thinking about putting lowering springs on my 07 2.5i. From what I read on here I'm leaning towards either pinks or swifts. Mostly focused on making sure the front and rear are sitting at the same height as the rear is sagging a little now but I also want a little drop. Would swifts drop it too much? I'm not worried about performance (it's not a race car). Obviously don't want to bottom out on potholes. Would either of them be ok to use with stock struts? Will springs made for an 07 LGT fit a 2.5i?

I'm about to make a purchase on a set of koni struts/shocks and a set of epic lowering springs for my 08 spec b. My question is, should I get a set of saggy butt spacers? My butt is already sagging but that may be due to my blown shocks. And does anyone have a pic of this same set up on there spec b just to see what it would look like? Thanks in advance

I'm about to make a purchase on a set of koni struts/shocks and a set of epic lowering springs for my 08 spec b. My question is, should I get a set of saggy butt spacers? My butt is already sagging but that may be due to my blown shocks. And does anyone have a pic of this same set up on there spec b just to see what it would look like? Thanks in advance

Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Koni inserts will NOT work with Bilstein front struts or top hats. You will have to source some regular LGT front struts for the conversion.

As for the saggy butt spacers you won't need them if you go with the full conversion to LGT struts with koni inserts and LGT top hats. The main reason a spec.B would need saggy butt spacers is because the Bilstein top hats are taller than the LGT top hats. I run a 3/8" set with my OEM Bilsteins and Epic Springs but probably should have gone with 1/4" for a more level ride height.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag459/christobal65/IMG_20140617_195032_zpse14b55cf.jpg

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

No I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info, I wish I was told that when I got my quote from the vendor. Now I don't know what I want to do about the struts/ shocks. I would go with oem if they weren't so much money a peice. How many miles have you had the springs on factory shocks? And how's the ride on them?

Look into Bilstein HD's they are half the cost of OEMs.

I have 64k total on my stock Bilsteins and the last 4 have been on the Epics. I'm quite happy with the ride handling compromise.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Somewhere out there I remember reading that the Eibach pro kit is no longer produced for the 4th gen. Can someone confirm or deny that? Seem to be the only springs with a small drop that will work on stock struts.