LegacyGT.com

New to Dallas, not LGT,com

scootyc

Hey all,

I am moving to the Dallas area in September and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello! I visited the other week and i I have to say that i really enjoyed the city, surrounding areas and the people.

I will start checking this sub-forum for meets/etc, but I mostly just dabble in the scene. I am always willing to throw a deuce to fellow Legacy drivers however, so throw one back if you see me rollin' around.

Also, if you have any advise as far as where to live (i am pretty set on the white rock lake area as it seems to be an active community and i have 2 dogs,so i require a backyard) and where is good to eat, hang out, etc i am all ears.

Anywho, I look forward to hearing from/meeting you all.

The car:

2008 LGT 5MT

Newport Blue Pearl

COBB AP STG 2

X02 Exhaust

CNT catted DP

Perrin TMIC

Hotchkis F+R sways

Kartboy endlinks F+R

COBB spring on stock struts (for now)

2004 STI BBS, Conti extreme DWS

IMG_1453.jpg.4ff899c7956e2435149b6eba59fe8174.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg.3b38f398e4a61636f78844a3a32dd29e.jpg

IMG_9928.jpg.b5114b9dcbe192d9ee4687e9de17862f.jpg

LGT_ANGLE.thumb.jpg.dce154002a7b912dafdda05a332b31b7.jpg

Sweet! I remember your car from the NBP thread. Nice car! Maybe I can get down there for a TX meet one of these days and actually see it in person. Your car looks and sits much the way that I'd like mine to.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Sweet! I remember your car from the NBP thread. Nice car! Maybe I can get down there for a TX meet one of these days and actually see it in person. Your car looks and sits much the way that I'd like mine to.

Thank you. Hopefully i can make it to a meet once im settled in.

Welcome, get ready for the crazy weather.

Yeah, i have been following the weather in the news lately. The large hail freaks me out a bit, so i will searching for covered parking whenever possible.

Wasn't the weather there this year a little more freakish than normal?

Yea. This weekend it rained! Last weeks temps were around 100. Then bamm rain on Sunday! We even had tornados.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N92dHn_hbRQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Raw Video: Texas Tornado's Destructive Path - YouTube[/ame]

Besides the weather though, you'l like it here.

You've never been west of I-35 have you?

Well, technically, I'm west of it right now...:cool:

I kid, where I'm living it is totally flat, but i am looking forward to exploring. I like camping and fishing, and i prefer to do that in mountainous (or at least hilly) terrain.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Officially moving and i should be in town on sept 2. Hope too see some of you around, because on my last trip I only saw one WRX bugeye and a couple 5th gen outbacks over 4 days. I have my car and my roomie has a 2008 OBXT, so we should 'splash the pot' as they say, as far as Subaru diversity.

Got a place in N. Dallas. Quiet neighborhood, but it seems mellow and cool.

Still open to any suggestions as far as night life. I went to uptown and that area was not my cup of tea. Deep Ellum was ok as far as food/music/bars though.

Anyways, looking forward to experiencing Dallas and surrounding areas,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Made it safe and sound into Dallas. After the 1700 miles, with only one pull over (and a warning), my car is in desperate need of an oil change.

I searched a bit and didn't find many recommendations for routine services besides dealerships. Is that the best bet? I do not have the means to do these on my own at the moment, so any advice is appreciated.

Also, and recommendations on full service car wash?

Thanks for any input and hope to see some of you around.

Scott

Archived