LegacyGT.com

Car Stalled

Today while drifting and playing in the snow, my car stalled. Its an auto, oil is fine, no knocks or misfires. While I was spinning it just decided to stall. It runs fine and started right up after that. Is there anything I should be worried about? Or did it just turn off because of the stress to the engine. While drifitng I barely went over 3000 rpm's. Thanks guys.

being an auto people think they cant stall. they think that the "clucthing" will not let the drive train stop the motor. its not exactly like that... i dont completely under stand it but i know when i was rolling backwards and dropped it into D and it just died... if you were sliding and got the wheels locked and then were sliding backwards and let off the brake you could stall it.

being an auto people think they cant stall. they think that the "clucthing" will not let the drive train stop the motor. its not exactly like that... i dont completely under stand it but i know when i was rolling backwards and dropped it into D and it just died... if you were sliding and got the wheels locked and then were sliding backwards and let off the brake you could stall it.

+1 to this, my Jeep in high school would sometimes turn off while I was four wheeling if I ended up rolling opposite the trans (i.e. backwards in drive, or forwards in reverse)

Maybe if you have junk in your tank and possibly a fuel filter that is past it's servicable life (a.k.a "needs replaced")- caused a drop in fuel line pressure due to restriction in the line....Starved the motor for a second, and it's response was to cut ignition corresponding the lean 3K condition. Engine saved. Clog dissipated and allowed fuel to return to pressure once you were stopped and not spinning and "pulling g's". Just a thought.....

Yep. If you have sediment in the tank o' gasoline, AND it found it's way upstream towards the already compromised fuel filter, AND it caused a starvation of fuel at the rail at 3,000 revs per minute....Well, then you can thank your computer for it's careful monitoring. I was only hypothesizing. But in my mind, that was a likely scenario.

• I Donated
ecu shuts down the car if there's an imminent threat of damage, if oil gets too low, motor temp gets too high, etc... its a warning

the oil level may have been fine but what happens to the oil while you're spinning? It moves around in the oil pan. Its possible that all the oil moved away from the pickup and the car shut off because of that.

Kinda a strange thing, its never happened to me before but I guess in theory it makes sense lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

the oil system, not likely but it is possible.

the fuel system, its actually VERY likely if he was low on gas

If he was REALLY low maybe, but I still don't see a huge lateral g load considering the traction in the ice. There wouldn't be a large force at all pushing against the side of the tires.

Archived