LegacyGT.com

05 versus 06 colors?

I was at the local dealership and saw a really nice red on an Outback, LL Bean ed. What is the difference in color (if any) between this red, and the red offered on the 05 Legacys? I really liked the red on the Outback, had a pearlescent orange to it. REally nice.

Thanks in advance!

Ahhhh... GRP. It's not a biased statement about it being the best color, just a known fact around here. ;):lol:

Taupe and Black interiors were offered in '05 GRP while just Black was offered in '06 GRP. One other thing: All colors came with both options in '05 while you only had ONE color combo option on all colors for '06.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Ahhhh... GRP. It's not a biased statement about it being the best color, just a known fact around here. ;):lol:

Taupe and Black interiors were offered in '05 GRP while just Black was offered in '06 GRP. One other thing: All colors came with both options in '05 while you only had ONE color combo option on all colors for '06.

BSM was only with black in 05. But true, other exterior colors had choice of interior.

RGP is nice, but undeniably ABP rules (:icon_wink).

Also rare now, no more for 07. I saw a NBP next to an ABP today. No comparison.

Garnet Red Pearl was available with an interior color choice in the Legacy GT for MY2005. Taupe (tan) and Charcoal off-black. The color was not available for the 2.5i models of either Legacy or Outback. GT had the color interior in cloth, and the GT limited had the color choice in Leather, and with a sunroof.

The 2006 Legacy GT came with restricted color choices, and was only offered with an off-black leather interior, along with silver and black. Both blues and satin white pearl had mandatory taupe leather. No GT base model, hence no cloth or solid roof Legacy GTs, only 2.5i-s.

The Outback may or may not have had the interior color choice. I believe that the color was only available on the Outback 2.5XT, ?maybe 3.0R LLB wagon? , and 2005 3.0R Sedan/2006 Outback LLB Sedan, which are mostly the same, since "3.0R" nameplate went to a more simplified option package for the Outback line in 2006...

I don't think the high end 3.0R VDC Outback wagons had GRP optional... but I could be wrong, there.

It would not suprise me if the Outback sedan, and all 2006 Outbacks came with taupe interiors, and the 2005 Outback XT wagon *might* have had the choice. I am not as familiar with the 2005/2006 Outback color choices by model line breakdown, as I am with the Legacy.

Some of the other members here might be able to shed more light on the outback options for those years.

For quite a while I was considering a Regal Blue GT Limited, with a black interior. Those are hard to find, and only in the 2005.

Garnet Red is actually slightly easier to find with a black interior, because it was offered in 05 and 06 by mandate, and both colors are gone from the GT lineup for 07.

Regal Blue still is available on the Legacy 2.5i, though. GRP is gone entirely, replaced by Diamond Gray Metallic as a GT/Spec B color.

GRP is brighter, and more bold than the *perhaps* slightly classier dark blue. It also has more of a rich hue than Atlantic Blue, which has a tendency to look gray. Garnet red also shifts a bit, from a more sedate burgundy in failing light, to a rich red with gold undertones in full light. Garnet Red, is likely easier to care for than Regal Blue, but perhaps harder to match for paint repair.

I also contemplated an obsidian black Legacy, as they do look dramatic, but black is just too much to keep after and clean. Red is hard enough for me :D

Honestly, though, I love GRP. The more I look at it, the more I love it. It isn't brazen, although I wouldn't complain if it were. It is classy, but stands out from the crowd of silver and grey-tone cars. Just what I like!

Archived