LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 ap question

05legacygtturbo

I got the cobb stage 2 ap. My question is after I use it do I need to keep it around or can I sell it and make some money back? The car is out or warranty so I would need no reason to go back to stock. Should I be ok if I sell it or should I keep it to just have around?

You're kidding right? Is this April 1st?

OK, I'll bite. You could sell it but it would be worthless to anyone else because it's now "married" to your cars computer. The only way it can work on another car is for you to "uninstall" it from your car.

Did you even bother reading the manual or doing any research on this before buying it? :rolleyes:

In case I bit on what seems to be an obvious troll. Well done. I'm a sucker. ;)

I didn't know honestly. I just see used ones for sale. I didn't know it "married" to my car. I actually have a shit ton of money and bought the best stuff I could(unlike some I buy what I'm told, no need to look around for good deals and study or search,search,search, like some do on here.) I also thought maybe I could resale it to someone who needed a stage 2 and didn't have to pay full price for it. I know it programs the cars ecu,like a computer you can reuse software. That is all stage 2 consist of is a software. Damn my bad.

You really, really, really should read the manual.

You can buy the best stuff, but if you don't know how to use it properly, you're going to find yourself spending even more money to make it right - and no-one would knowingly waste money.

Selling your "married" (to your vehicle) AP to another member would have been an honest mistake, based on your post - but the embarrassment and trouble of it aside, if, for whatever reason, the other party also had "a shit ton of money," as you said, and simply destroyed your AP out of spite, you'd have lost the tool you needed to interface with your ECU, should the need ever arise.

Given that you have so much money, you should just bite the bullet and drop the AP into a back drawer in your workbench - keep it out-of-sight and out-of-harm's way - and not worry about the few hundred dollars that it's cost you to purchase. This way, you still have it around, when you really find yourself in-need of it again.

With the AccessPORT, *read* the User Manual (especially if you have the V2 unit, which is a very powerful tool that also has ancillary functions), and also take the few minutes of time to read over the "Map Notes" associated with the map you've reflashed onto your ECU.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived