LegacyGT.com

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

KBGRIZZLY64

Just sent a ton of revisions,base maps w/ accessports for the special and email responses. Thanks for the business and if anyone is wanting to try the company23 controller I'm happy to calibrate it during their tune and give my impressions.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped for the Company23 EBCS this afternoon, since it's on sale @ Rally Sport Direct through Feb 8 IIRC. Should arrive possibly on Fri. Aside from the flutter/surge that seems to persist even with conservative spool targets, I have boost pretty well dialed in w/ the GS EBCS, so it'll be interesting to see how it behaves and what boost ctrl changes might be needed. I plan on preserving my current spool targets for comparison purposes. Edited by serx7

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that the pricing structure will be changing come March 1st due to a few reasons but mainly due to allowing us to continue to take a little more time with each customer and make each tune the best it can be while maintaining the level of communication it has been for years and not be sacrificed.

Stage 1/Stage 2 E-tuning for a COBB Accessport tune will increase to a fee of $200 and Stage 3 Stock fueling COBB tunes will increase to $225.

Opensource tuning will be $220 for a Stage 1/Stage 2 map and Stage 3 Stock fueling will run $235. I realize some might have issues with the price increase but truly feel that those who appreciate the "extra effort" will have no problem with a few extra bucks and I feel its necessary to maintain the level of customer service and product we strive to provide

Thanks for all the support over the years.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

What's up LGT.com? Just wanted to give a big shout out to Dave@Cryotune!!! Just recently finished up an e-tune on my '05 OBXT. Dave has been nothing short of awesome to work with. He was super patient, highly knowledgeable, and always responded quick to emails. My new 16G turbo is performing very well and I am super satisfied with the power I am getting out of it with Dave's handy work!! Anyone in need of a tune should look no further than Cryotune. Thanks again Dave!!!

^^ Cool. Let us know how things go w/ it. I installed mine several days ago. Got a P0245 immediately. I needed to reverse the polarity of the connector to get it to work. WGDC needed to be -significantly- higher than what I needed w/ the GS EBCS, at first I thought the Company23 EBCS wasn't even working. I needed to raise WGDC to 72-74% post compensations in the 3k-4k rpm range to hit my 19.7 psi target vs 42% w/ the GS EBCS, and I needed to change up TD a fair bit for control. My contact @ Company23 tells me this is expected. I'm not so sure. Still dialing in spool behavior but have it pretty close.

Dave, I might ping you via email for a quick sanity check.

I will let you know how it goes. Just waiting for better Weather, there's snow on the ground right now. Do you guys think I should re-tune now in colder weather or once it gets warmer. It should be around 50° on Saturday. I live in the Chicago area.

We are proud to announce we have now teamed up with CarZ Performance to offer full time tuning and calibration monday through friday to the Denver metro area for multiple platforms including our specialty which has been focused toward the Subaru community for the past 8 years.

Located at 7895 W 14th Ave in the heart of Lakewood,CO with a Superflow 880 All Wheel Drive dyno we are able to cater to all Subaru platforms as we have for years but also offer tuning and install services for some Ford Ecoboost and other Ford models,BMW, and the EVO X currently via the COBB Accessport with expansion planned in the near future based on customer needs. Things like E30 calibrations for your direct injection cars, E85 tunes for your race cars/street cars and full flex fuel conversions for your 08-14WRX and 08-16 STI's are no problem!

Carz Performance has years of experience on platforms such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi via multiple tuning software options. Now with the addition of what Cryotune Performance is able to provide for other models we should be able to take care of most tuning and install needs from mild to wild regardless of HP or use *drag strip, Autocross, drift etc*

We (the shop) are EFI University Trained and Certified, COBB Protuner/Dealers, AEM Certified, among other notable certifications. We have worked with Stand alones such as AEM, Haltec, PRO EFI, EMtron etc

We are now scheduling tuning and installs for March and the schedule is filling up fast! Call us or the shop at 720.214.5095 to schedule your appointments and we look forward to helping the performance community and are very excited to work with you!

Dave

10600537_394462620731146_8118228507862401119_n.thumb.jpg.7aac3cf3f8efb75bda3d6cf5d5df7192.jpg

showroom1.jpg.7aae4e51e670dd712a4741e4fde2138e.jpg

showroom2.jpg.81059c987d7dd35a22ca06adbeb0e761.jpg

LGT.jpg.eca73753e80faaeff7d2df0eb06fc4f1.jpg

wrx.jpg.1252021436a328a6711c7b275b4aa513.jpg

bmw.jpg.a9db15653db6704760cb811f71ac6450.jpg

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I gotta show Dave some love!

I'm fairly new to the Subaru game and aftermarket modifications but jumped right in after finding a sweet wagon. I went stg2 and found a local tuner (NOTcryo) in my area and reached out for a dyno tune. In the weeks that followed I was dumped off the dyno due to mechanical issues and promised an etune....in which none of my emails were responded to. My money was gone, and told my car was trashed.

I resolved what was an easy fix, and went looking for a trusted tuner. . .enter cryotune

My entire experience with Dave has been amazing! Not only does he respond to emails in a reasonable time, but goes the extra mile to explain what he's looking for and how to achieve it. But most of all, I was really impressed with how he stuck with me through the mechanical setbacks that put well beyond the "normal" timeframe...by far.

Bottom line:

If you need tuning and want a thourgh, reliable job, look no further.

Thanks Dave, you da man!

Edited by Fasemelta

^^ Cool. Let us know how things go w/ it. I installed mine several days ago. Got a P0245 immediately. I needed to reverse the polarity of the connector to get it to work. WGDC needed to be -significantly- higher than what I needed w/ the GS EBCS, at first I thought the Company23 EBCS wasn't even working. I needed to raise WGDC to 72-74% post compensations in the 3k-4k rpm range to hit my 19.7 psi target vs 42% w/ the GS EBCS, and I needed to change up TD a fair bit for control. My contact @ Company23 tells me this is expected. I'm not so sure. Still dialing in spool behavior but have it pretty close.

Dave, I might ping you via email for a quick sanity check.

Hey do you have a picture of where you grounded your ebcs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey do you have a picture of where you grounded your ebcs?

i have a pic on my phone I can post if necessary but I grounded it w/ the power steering return bolt, per suggestion by Company23. their 1st suggestion was to use the bolt on the engine cover bracket, but that doesn't exist on my car (was that way since taking ownership of it 2.5 yrs ago).

We are proud to announce we have now teamed up with CarZ Performance to offer full time tuning and calibration monday through friday to the Denver metro area for multiple platforms including our specialty which has been focused toward the Subaru community for the past 8 years.

Located at 7895 W 14th Ave in the heart of Lakewood,CO with a Superflow 880 All Wheel Drive dyno we are able to cater to all Subaru platforms as we have for years but also offer tuning and install services for some Ford Ecoboost and other Ford models,BMW, and the EVO X currently via the COBB Accessport with expansion planned in the near future based on customer needs. Things like E30 calibrations for your direct injection cars, E85 tunes for your race cars/street cars and full flex fuel conversions for your 08-14WRX and 08-16 STI's are no problem!

Carz Performance has years of experience on platforms such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi via multiple tuning software options. Now with the addition of what Cryotune Performance is able to provide for other models we should be able to take care of most tuning and install needs from mild to wild regardless of HP or use *drag strip, Autocross, drift etc*

We (the shop) are EFI University Trained and Certified, COBB Protuner/Dealers, AEM Certified, among other notable certifications. We have worked with Stand alones such as AEM, Haltec, PRO EFI, EMtron etc

We are now scheduling tuning and installs for March and the schedule is filling up fast! Call us or the shop at 720.214.5095 to schedule your appointments and we look forward to helping the performance community and are very excited to work with you!

Dave

This is great news!!! Can't wait to get a tune as soon as I get my high trims issue fixed

i have a pic on my phone I can post if necessary but I grounded it w/ the power steering return bolt, per suggestion by Company23. their 1st suggestion was to use the bolt on the engine cover bracket, but that doesn't exist on my car (was that way since taking ownership of it 2.5 yrs ago).

Pm'd you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent a bunch of replys,base maps, revisions and shipped out two aps, Thanks for the orders and really appreciate the support!

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you guys

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Its nice to see so many members emailing,calling and stopping by Carz Performance to discuss their options. Give us a call to schedule your local needs!

On the other hand I had to put in a little weekend work but got caught up with all etunes etc.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

My 2005 outback xt 5eat just needed a bit more performance, local tuning in my area is far and few in between so I contacted Dave for help with the tune on her! Midway through when i started my initial tune late last year (yes I might have the longest etune known to man- no fault of daves) I maxed out my stock injectors as the wastegate on the bnr turbo wasn't flowing well enough to taper boost. Dave suggested either honing out the Watergate or upgrading injectors and getting a wide band gauge, I went with the latter. Long story short my tune is at the end now and the car is running great. Here's my mod list:

Bnr 16g turbo

DW740cc sidefeed injectors & DW65c fuel pump

Grimmspeed ebcs

Grimmspeed top mount intercooler

Invidia up/catted dp

Nameless cat back

Ipt turbo/avcs feed lines

Hexmods valve body

Killer b oil pickup tube

Just hit 100k on the clock recently, time to change plugs, timing belt, valve cover gaskets, water pump and some idlers. Also have a Grimmspeed aos ready to go on as well as a trans cooler. Thanks Dave ! Your very patient. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there All

I regret to inform the Legacygt.com forum members after almost 4 years of providing our services we will be discontinuing all E-tuning for the immediate future. There is a small possibility we will resume them in the future but at this point it has not been finalized.

We are saddened to not be working with such a great community but will still be offering all local dyno tuning and services at the shop.

We will be finishing up all current tunes and will make sure to keep everyone safe and happy or work out things with customers that are currently on hold due to mechanical issues.

This has been a very fun opportunity and feel we have developed a lot of "friends" rather than customers and will continue to surf the forums and try to help out as we have in the past.

Thanks for all your support over the years and please feel free to chime in if you feel like it.You can also follow us on Facebook and instagram to see what our day to day looks like.

Thanks

Dave Bigley

Cryotune Performance

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to see you go still loveing my etune, now that the weather is warming back up I am seeing 50 more miles per tank and the power on tap is phenomenal. I can understand how time consuming it was but you helped alot of people. Still need to send you some cash for a tshirt sorry work went crazy and now they are going to collectible. Dave you will be missed still might come see you if I upgrade anything.

Thanks again

Jacob

Hello there All

I regret to inform the Legacygt.com forum members after almost 4 years of providing our services we will be discontinuing all E-tuning for the immediate future. There is a small possibility we will resume them in the future but at this point it has not been finalized.

We are saddened to not be working with such a great community but will still be offering all local dyno tuning and services at the shop.

We will be finishing up all current tunes and will make sure to keep everyone safe and happy or work out things with customers that are currently on hold due to mechanical issues.

This has been a very fun opportunity and feel we have developed a lot of "friends" rather than customers and will continue to surf the forums and try to help out as we have in the past.

Thanks for all your support over the years and please feel free to chime in if you feel like it.You can also follow us on Facebook and instagram to see what our day to day looks like.

Thanks

Dave Bigley

Cryotune Performance

Good Luck with your shop. Give you lots of credit for doing that and dealing with the public.

Max

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Best of luck to you Dave! It has been a pleasure working with you on my tunes! I'm sad to hear this happening. I know it requires a lot of hard work and can't imagine the sacrifices on your part to provide the superior service you did these past four years. You have certainly made a respected name for yourself in the Subaru community world wide and that is something to be proud of.

Enjoy life and family! I look forward to continuing to follow you on Facebook!

• 4 months later...

We are excited to announce we have resumed our E-Tune process due to many customer emails, comments and requests. We have been trying to work out a way to reformat our services to employ the same great product and service we offered for the last 4 years but to keep things from overtaking all waking hours of the day!

There are some major changes to the structure of our E-tuning process and some will be upset or discouraged but keep in mind that we have made these changes to still keep it possible to offer E-tuning services to those who want it. THIS WILL NOT BE FOR EVERYONE AND WE APPOLIGIZE IF THIS DOES NOT FIT INTO YOUR NEEDS.

This is for those who pride themselves on a quality product, great communication and service and are willing to work through the details to have a quality product in the end.

We are now doing the E-tune process by appointment only and a specific amount of customers at a time. We realize this may not be ideal for customers needing a tune immediately but contact must be made to see what the schedule looks like via email at www.cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com. We suggest planning your tune ahead of time to avoid issues and 2-3 weeks prior to the tune to make contact. This should be done in advance of installing the parts if possible so they can have a base map sitting in the inbox ready.

We will offer a scheduling system to allow people to know when to expect their first revision and payment will be required prior to being put on the list. We will NOT book more than 30days out as to keep customers happy and them know if it will work for their timeline. This keeps the list of 10 or so customers moving smoothly and effectively. We will uphold your scheduled appointment regardless of work load, IF WE COMMIT A DATE TO YOU, YOU CAN DEPEND ON US TO UPHOLD IT!

We advertise an instructional email within 24 hours and a Base map within 72 hours after purchase Monday through Friday. We are closed Saturday and sunday and no emails,revisions or base maps will be answered during this time.

The Pricing structure will be the biggest change and again, may not work for everyone but has been set based on time spent on each calibration compared to a calibration in person, quality of service, Experience and credentials and market analysis of current rates. If this is an issue for you there will be other cheaper options out there, Unfortunately we may not be the cheapest option for you and we understand that. Our goal is to keep the quality high, and our customer review rating as positive as its been for the years we have been a vendor on this site. If you have any questions about the service we provide and are not familiar with our track record please search this site as well as google, we take care of our customers!

Stage 1 and stage 2 Accessport E-tune Pricing (WRX,LegacyGT,Forester XT) - $250.00

Stage 1 and stage 2 Opensource E-tune Pricing (WRX,LegacyGT,Forester XT) - $250.00

Stage 3 Stock Fueling Accessport E-Tune Pricing with upgraded non stock supplied turbo *For 16G,VF52,VF48,VF43

etc on models with stock side feed or top feed injectors such as the Legacy GT platform and Forester XT. - $250.00

Stage 3 Stock Fueling Opensource E-Tune Pricing with upgraded non stock supplied turbo *For 16G,VF52,VF48,VF43

etc on models with stock side feed or top feed injectors such as the Legacy GT platform and Forester XT. - $250.00

Alternate Fuel Conversion *E85* Contact us for Details

Stage 3 Aftermarket Fueling *aftermarket fuel injectors* E-Tune Pricing Opensource or COBB AP $350.00

We are looking forward to working with the forum again and appreciate all the emails, facebook comments etc to show us there is still a large demand for our services on this site as well as others, even if it came at a price increase and limited availability. We have already had a few customers jump on the list without any question, so we realize that there are those who don't see the changes we had to implement as a negative and just want to go with a company they can trust.

Thanks and glad to be back!

Dave and the Cryotune team

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great to hear you are back doing E-Tunes again Dave! And your changes in scheduling and pricing are more than fair for you to be able to enjoy your life and have time off from always tuning!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B