LegacyGT.com

Reviewing Aftermarket Products

I've been checking this site off and on for the past 4 years. One thing that I have noticed is the lack of good and current reviews. Why don't people post reviews on the products they purchase more often? I think that would be very helpful to the Legacy community as a whole. Checking reviews on this site doesn't really help in the decision making process when looking to upgrade our cars. I know how the search functions work on the threads, but that still doesn't seem to be enough. I think that anyone that buys parts and wants others to know how they like them should start reviewing them fully. Updating Stickies for upgrades would be very nice. I'm disinheartened when I check a Sticky for something only to see that it was created in 2007 and there are 2000 posts. Just my 2 cents.

I have found that many people are very helpful on this forum and really would like to help those just starting out with their upgrades. I just wish it wasn't up to them to have to step up and help when we have a Review section on this site.

I know people can't be made to make reviews Tide. It was just mostly an observation that the site would be better improved if the users would actually review products and that stickied threads from 2007 with outdated information and 2000 posts are cumbersome.

Spec B: Good plan :)

Maybe there could be some sort of incentive for folks to actually take the time to do reviews. Maybe Rep points or status points or something of that nature. What do I know though? I'm a New Member because I don't have time to post since I'm always lurking on the threads looking for pertinent information.

Archived