LegacyGT.com

Catted DP -> Catless DP needs a tune?

nismoz

You dont need a tune, but then whats the point of gutting the pipe, the pipe itself adds little hp the gain people see is because they tune the car. Most people goin stage 2 see very minor hp diffferences between a gutted oem and aftermarket dp. Its not until you start adding bigger turbos and things like that when you see a real difference between the oem gutted and aftermarket.

I thought in order to go stage2, you need catless dp at least, which I want to accomplish by gutting the DP.

But I want to gut the DP before receiving the Tactrix cable. So is it safe to run Stock everything with gutted DP?

You might get some check engine lights and flashing cruise. I mean your O2's are going to read that you got some dirty ish floating down the pipe. So I would recommend a tune.

And technically the tune is stage 2.

Stage 1 is a tune

Stage 2 is a highflow downpipe and tune.

So without the tune you are like at stage 0.5

I won't be tuning the ECU myself cause I have almost have no idea about them to feel safe enough to do my own tuning. I will be getting some rom's from romraider website for either Stage 1 or 2.

Would I notice anychanges by catless DP without any mod except smells? More sound or bit more torque on higher rpm?

The turbo sounds a little louder, and i didnt notice a smell when i had just my dp gutted. I drove around for 2 days with the dp gutted adn no tune. Yes i threw and engine code but it just said i had a bad cat, which made sense since i didnt really have one lol.

Archived