LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT

gijosiahh

In the market for a Legacy GT. I found a 2005 with 130k miles at a dealership about an hour away. I'm not super thrilled about the mileage - but it has a clean carfax and seems to be in great shape. T-belt was done at 80k, which kinda worries me considering that was 50k miles ago and it might need to be replaced again in the next couple of years. Regular maintenance has been performed - fluids flushed, tires rotated regularly, rear wheel bearings replaced, which i know some subarus have issues with.

When I go check out the car, what are specific things I should be looking for (other than the obvious fluid checks, straight lines/body panels, etc)? I'm looking for Legacy specific issues to check for.

Do you guys think 130k is too many miles for the car? To my knowledge the turbo is still original, which worries me a little bit. Any help is appreciated.

FYI, they're asking $7,450 which seems pretty fair to me. Silver, 5 sp manual

anybody have any helpful information to pass along as to some big things i should check for before buying?

Crap! I'm in cville looking for a legacy gt as well. There was a 1 owner 05 gt limited manual with 82k miles at a Richmond dealership a couple of weeks ago for 10k...it sold before i could even call the dealership that morning.

I am looking to see if the engine cover is still on. Why would someone take/leave it off unless its been messed with in its past.

man that would have been a good deal. i've seen a few in richmond..and yeah they go pretty quick. or they're red which i'm not too crazy about.

the one i was going to look at was in fredericksburg - turns out it has transmission/engine problems.

I'm at 260k. if you look at my signature you'll have an idea of what I've done so far.

look at end links, control arm bushings, check belts for dry rot, ask for service records on the car. specifically look at the turbo. how many miles are on it.

Was it modded at one point? if it was.....be cautious. check brakes/rotors too.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

In the market for a Legacy GT. I found a 2005 with 130k miles at a dealership about an hour away. I'm not super thrilled about the mileage - but it has a clean carfax and seems to be in great shape. T-belt was done at 80k, which kinda worries me considering that was 50k miles ago and it might need to be replaced again in the next couple of years. Regular maintenance has been performed - fluids flushed, tires rotated regularly, rear wheel bearings replaced, which i know some subarus have issues with.

When I go check out the car, what are specific things I should be looking for (other than the obvious fluid checks, straight lines/body panels, etc)? I'm looking for Legacy specific issues to check for.

Do you guys think 130k is too many miles for the car? To my knowledge the turbo is still original, which worries me a little bit. Any help is appreciated.

im new here and also looking to buy but id be very wooried at why the timing belt was changed 80 000km before the super maintenance of about 160 000km that i was told

around 90k is when it's first done.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'm at 260k. if you look at my signature you'll have an idea of what I've done so far.

look at end links, control arm bushings, check belts for dry rot, ask for service records on the car. specifically look at the turbo. how many miles are on it.

Was it modded at one point? if it was.....be cautious. check brakes/rotors too.

ORIGINAL SHOCKS your car must drive like a waterbed

:lol: highway driving was fine. city driving sucked. front suspension is fine, it was the rears that wore out. I rode them into the ground. it was in for oil change last week and when he put it up on the lift the left back blew up and spewed oil all over the place.

new struts in. drives much better.

• Moderators
:lol: highway driving was fine. city driving sucked. front suspension is fine, it was the rears that wore out. I rode them into the ground. it was in for oil change last week and when he put it up on the lift the left back blew up and spewed oil all over the place.

new struts in. drives much better.

c-lo, I have a pair of much lower mileage front struts if you want them. Will trade you for yours as long as yours aren't rusted up. Just using them for koni donors, so I'd rather someone use the newer ones and cut up the older ones.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Clutch comes to mind...

I would do a compression/leak down test and generally have a shop look it over if you're unfamiliar with Subaru's. check the valve covers and heads for leaks.

I'd plan on suspension, wheel bearings and the turbo being stuff you'd have to address along the way.

I'd also do plugs and swap all the driveline fluid.

c-lo, I have a pair of much lower mileage front struts if you want them. Will trade you for yours as long as yours aren't rusted up. Just using them for koni donors, so I'd rather someone use the newer ones and cut up the older ones.

define rusted up. I'll look at mine. how many miles?

be sure to look for dry rot in belts, chheck the underside of the car for rust, end links, rotors, turbo (see milage on turbo and if it is burning any oil), all the electrical features work as they should, and just regular maintance and shape of the car. Good luck

Archived