LegacyGT.com

Exhaust set-up! Suggestions?

if you want boxer sound go for knock off borla headers on ebay! I say go for the knock off because the real Borla's tend to crack at the welds. Im not sure since you have the 2.2l engine if the heads are the same as the 2.5l. If so grab a pair off of ebay.

If that plan doesnt work out there is the stromung midpipe which will give you great sound.

for the exhaust itself you can go for the spt exhuast from subaru which will bolt right on. You will find sti exhuast but it will need a machine shop to do some adjusting to extend it a bit.

If your looking to grab an exhuast setup from a car the best you can go with is someone who has an impreza rs or a wrx exhuast. Usually people will sell thier would cat back exhuast so picking that up and taking it to a machine shop to have some it extended and to move a hanger or two you will be in good standing.

As for me Im listing to borla headers with a invidia exhaust meant for a wrx, which i bought off a guy with a rs which i had the machine shop extend the mid pipe and move some hangers to fit properly. I'm getting the boxer sound from the headers and the then rest of the exhaust system just amplifies it! and I think it sound pretty damnn good. The exhaust is angled for a bit more aggressive look and the cool thing is that the tip extends past the body just a bit and i love it, some will call it rice but i call it love lol

Got a friend with an STI with a 3" catback love the sound of the boxer. I can't seem to find what you're talking about on Ebay. We bought most ebay parts for the STI so I know of knock off brands. Just can't find one for the 96 Legacy 2.2L. He has his old exhaust still. What would it cost for a machine shop to extend it?

And I would only need his Muffler end right? Or are you talking about the mid-pipe down that needs to be extended?

Any links or anymore help would be great :)

I'm really curious about those headers you guys are talking about. Thanks!

I am pretty sure the AMK headers on ebay will fit both the 2.2 and the 2.5 and they are running 140 to 160. There is another on ebay that shows up as well just can't think of the name. There is a good thread abotu the best performance exhaust here in 2nd gen that show the links to ebay.

ahhhhhhhh. im sorry, but you guys are noobs with exhaust. if you want to sound like a honduh, go for the equal length, if you want that sweet boxer rumble you need unequal. i have a borla UQ header, catco high flows, 2.5 inch straight back to a mgnaflow muffler.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=1626

and this is a vid i took for another guy of the sound i got out of it all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uQPSTn8xEA]YouTube- Borla headers on 98 legacy[/ame]

ahhhhhhhh. im sorry, but you guys are noobs with exhaust. if you want to sound like a honduh, go for the equal length, if you want that sweet boxer rumble you need unequal. i have a borla UQ header, catco high flows, 2.5 inch straight back to a mgnaflow muffler.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=1626

and this is a vid i took for another guy of the sound i got out of it all

I can't seem to find the knock off Unequal Length you guys are talking about.

Also I still have my friends old Mid-pipe down in my garage. Can I get that to fit?

unequal length....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2475wt_1165

here's a link ^

thats for 97? does it matter. i gotta a 96 with a cracked header. who much would it cost to have some road side dude fix it. i had my gokart fixed for 40 bucks once. or should i screw it get the boxer rumble and shiny headers? i am thinking the headers look alot better then the 600 header i found last night.

EDIT: woops nvm. the second gen leggys are 93 to 99 not 96

Will that header bolt up to the stock exhaust? I do have the STi Mid pipe and exhaust sitting in my garage. Should I just get the headers and then try the STi exhaust? I'm just looking for people who have actually done it or have had proof of it working so I don't waste my time lol

im so getting it.

also doing the 4eat 50/50 mod.and handbrake trick.

Whats this 50/50 mod you are speaking of? And handbrake trick? Big Bad BG. I saw your post. I will be getting decent amount of money and might possibly be interested in the headers. What would it cost to ship them to Portland,Oregon

Archived