LegacyGT.com

Which double din head unit to go?

prelude

Hi,

I, too, got the JDM AC kit (many thanks go to dwolson2!! you are my hero!!) and am looking for a 2 din head unit with navigation.

I found JVC KW-NX7000BT and Kenwood DNX-6140 are at the same price range with almost all the features that I want. (BT, USB, DVD, MP3...)

However, I heard people complained about JVC's navigation screen being too "simple", not showing road name and stuff like that.

I am more confident in Kenwood's navigation since it is actually powered by Garmin.

But I like the detachable screen piece on JVC...

decision,decision....

If you have any experience related to these two brands or you have other suggestion, please!

THANK YOU!!

i just installed the ddx-814 with the g510 unit I had previously hooked up so it is like a dnx-9140 without oice control, I like the kenwood. Has everythin I need. I have SIRIUS and IPOD 301 cable, both work flawlessy. Ipod has album art, playlists and video playback. DVD works good, I run a dual screen system. Factory on the top with the navigiation and dvd and the bottom for everything else. All nav voice goes through the 814.

• 1 month later...

eBay. Be sure to stack the bing.com cashback for 8% off a BIN listing.

$600 on something you hate using is $600 too much. $1000 on a quality unit is perhaps too much, but, see the first point.

I've been loyal to Alpine head units in my other cars, but they have always been single din units. I've learned that the navigation in Alpine units is terrible.

I've also purchased the JDM HVAC unit and all the accessories to go along with the install and am in the market for a Pioneer or Kenwood unit. From the reviews I've read the Pioneer has a slight edge. However, the one thing that I'm hung up on is the fact that the Kenwood units have Garmin navigation. I would expect Garmin would be better than Pioneer's navigation.

So what would you go with... AVIC-Z110BT or DNX9140

the pioneer has 12 million and i think the kenwood only has 6 million. I did a little more reading, I found that a bunch of people were complaining about the iPod integration functions on the kenwood. They were saying that is not nearly as responsive as the pioneer. Also the voice commands for nav and bluetooth are lacking in the kenwood models.

I beginning to think that if you are designing a complete system around one of these models I would go with the Kenwood. I think it probably has slightly better sound quality and better connectivity for multiple audio/video options. All of which are nice, but I'm not planning on installing screens for the suckers in the back seats.

As of right now I'm going with the Pioneer...

Archived