LegacyGT.com

Mobile1 0W-30 "Advanced Fuel Economy"

I would think any increase in gas mileage (if any) is offset by the more than double cost of the oil itself.

Double? Are you comparing it against dino oil?

I'm running synthetic oil anyway and the price is about the same as normal Mobile1 at Wally world.

It makes a great difference if you have relatively short distance to drive on a regular basis. Like commuting below 5 miles. Then the low viscosity at cold temperatures will make a difference. I did experience a 5 to 10% improvement on a car that I had that kind of usage profile on when I changed from 10W30 to a 5W40.

But of course - it depends on the car, engine and driving style how much the difference is.

453747.png

I'm running it right now on my '04 Legacy and '98 Metro all 5 speeds. The Legacy gets about 30+MPG mostly highway and the Metro gets 40+MPG mostly city. This viscosity of oil, is one of those tried and true things that most hyper-mileage people do to their cars. Also over inflating your tires is another big helper.

I also have K&N filters installed in both.

Not sure if this relevant, because on my Evo it came from the factory with synthetic. I use ELF Total 5W-30 and it gets 30+MPG when I'm going to the track days, but on the track I get about 15<MPG.

Archived