LegacyGT.com

Clear bra and tinting

Ellesedil

Any recommendations on places that can do a clear bra and/or window tinting for my GT that should be arriving sometime in April? I'll travel almost anywhere in eastern Mass, southern half of NH, or even RI for a reputable place to get them done since quality is my priority, although the closer to the Rt 3/93/95/495 intersection, the better.

I'm looking to meet the Mass legal limits on the tint. And since washing my current car (a black Lancer Ralliart) makes me cry on the inside, I definitely want to get a clear bra, preferably the same day I drive off the lot. I'd like to prevent all of the chipping that my Lancer has.

Yeah, definitely like to get them done. Does anyone know of any places that will do it and do it well? I haven't seen any mention about clear bras, and the last tint thread is outdated and contains conflicting information with another thread that is even more outdated. So, I'm looking for some more recent info on good places to get these two things done.

I was under the impression that the dealer will/can install 3M clear paint protection.

I've yet to ask them, but I was kinda hoping someone would mention this.

It'll be about 3 weeks this weekend since I ordered the car at the dealership, so I'll ask about it when I call for an update in the next 3-10 days.

I've yet to ask them, but I was kinda hoping someone would mention this.

It'll be about 3 weeks this weekend since I ordered the car at the dealership, so I'll ask about it when I call for an update in the next 3-10 days.

Expect to pay more at the dealership... most likely they'll just farm out the work. Ask around the dealership who they farm out their aftermarket work and go there directly yourself.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Just had clearbra alternate VentureShield brand paint protection installed by Tint King in Billerica. They of course also do tint. Recommended by buddy and can confirm that they do an excellent job.

Convenient, since I live in Billerica... although the quickest route to get there from the dealership is on Route 3.

Did you get tinting done there too? There's conflicting recommendations on Tint King, so I was leaning towards avoiding them.

Archived