LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Want to keep it subtle, so only one washer per bolt instead of two, and only on one side. Just wondering if there's any difference between doing the passenger or driver side. Hoping to eventually move to the Legacy STI quad tip mufflers, but this will have to do for the time being.

From outside the car, should be pretty much the same. From inside, the passenger muffler is further from the driver, so should be a bit quieter. I am planning to start with single washers on both sides of both mufflers, then passenger side only if too loud/drone(y) etc...

Doug

I bet you guys will be putting 2 washers on, the 1 washer just doesn't give it the right tone. 2 washers is not that loud, gives it that boxer rumble, and has no drone inside the car.
My wife's balls are delicious.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ended up doing an 8ga solid copper wire only on the driver's side. Sorry for the crappy drawing, but it should give the idea of my set up. It's actually pretty subtle. Sounds pretty much like stock, but with a little more bass and rumble. Wife couldn't tell the difference in sound when inside the car. Might go ahead and do the passenger side too and see how I like thatHogzaust%20Copper%20Wire.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, I converted my first BRZ today! Sounds GREAT!! Surprisingly, quite a bit better than a NA 2.5 Legacy.

They did 3 thin washers, and it's smooth at idle and cruise, and roars at high RPM's!

The lucky owner is very happy :cool: I am also very happy as I got to take it for a short spin.

I wish I could afford one.

Maybe I could afford my 2006 Legacy now...

lemme check. hang on...

nope.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1/16?? I just got the standard thickness from HD. Just try one, see how you like it, then add more. I think 2 or 3 sounded good when I did it.

Actually just leaving the cans off was the best, damn that thing is loud when you step on it. :lol:

Edited by gimpydingo

Haha, my neighbors loved me for that. I gave up the hogs a while back and back to stock. Driving around here didn't want any racers or cops to take notice. Once I get my maintenance items done, I'll be looking for a DP and a mellow sounding exhaust.