LegacyGT.com

Test drive of 2007 legacy vs Audi A4

if you compared the 2.5i to the A4, you didn't do your homework. hop in the GT. think you'll be happy.;)
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest Gitster

Drive the Legacy GT and you will think the turbo fell out of that Audi 2.0T that you test drove :lol:

For the money, the LGT outperforms the 3 Series and the A4. The level of luxury you need is of course your decision.

Here is a link to an article comparing a LGT that had some work done by RalliTek against an Audi S4. The summary is that the LGT spanked the S4 on everything but interior fit and finish.

The joke was that you could buy 2 RalliTek modded LGTs for the price on the flagship (at the time) S4.

How can the A4 compare to the LGT when the S4 can't keep up. Also believe that the A4 has a price tag about $10,000+ higher than the LGT???

http://drivingsports.com/mag/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=29

the current s4 has a 0-60 in the mid 5's.

i did that with just an accessport, first time i ever went out launching.

AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO LAUNCH.

something to mull over. passing power-get the GT.

car for sale. PM me!

Guest Gitster
uh..it was the rallitek moded LGT that the stock S4 couldnt keep up with, not the stock LGT :lol:

Yeah are we talking about a modified car vs a stock car? What a stupid comparison.

the current s4 has a 0-60 in the mid 5's.

i did that with just an accessport, first time i ever went out launching.

AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO LAUNCH.

something to mull over. passing power-get the GT.

And what does passing power have to do with launch ability?

Guest Gitster
Cause we all know youre gonna race that thing and you need to shift really fast, the regular 6 speed isnt fast enough :lol:

LMAO.... they no longer offer AWD in teh vibe. and no, the 2.5i will still smoke the pants of the newer Vibes they offer. each year, they made them slower and more boring than the previous. Which is why i had the first 03 GT version and we sold the 04 base model and bought the 05 LGT and 07 STI. ;) it's not fair to compare them to the newer vehicles that sit in our garage.

2.5i i didn't even bother to test drive.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

My wife wants an A4. Maybe she'll trade her TSX for one.

she will like the fit and finish of the interior until that first repair bill comes along. ;)

LGT - better driving fun, power and handling

A4 - better interior fit/finish/comfort/luxuries

I didn't find any comfort in the non sport A4, I thought the ride was jiggly, noisy on the highway, more confined interior.

The Subaru (i.e., Spec b.) has really come a long way and feels very substantial.

Yeah are we talking about a modified car vs a stock car? What a stupid comparison.

And what does passing power have to do with launch ability?

Actually ... the comparison is on price. One could buy a LGT and do the equivalent RalliTek modifications and end up at the same final price as an A4. You could buy 2 of those vehicles for the price of an S4.

Why would somebody consider buying the performance of an A4 for the same price as the RalliTek LGT when the LGT even outperforms the S4.

I didn't realize that I would have to post a diagram to make my point.

LMAO.... they no longer offer AWD in teh vibe. and no, the 2.5i will still smoke the pants of the newer Vibes they offer. each year, they made them slower and more boring than the previous. Which is why i had the first 03 GT version and we sold the 04 base model and bought the 05 LGT and 07 STI. ;) it's not fair to compare them to the newer vehicles that sit in our garage.

2.5i i didn't even bother to test drive.

hahaha...no wonder the change in the name...TRDVibe...toyota Racing Dev...now alaska lgt.

hahaha...no wonder the change in the name...TRDVibe...toyota Racing Dev...now alaska lgt.

yep. i really need to come up with a user name that's not car specific. but the only reason i joined my first forum was because i had a CEL due to a CAI i installed on my vibe back in 03. *shrug* i was a die hard Toyota fan, now turned subie fan.

Archived