LegacyGT.com

Got a 3D printer....

Well I purchased a makerbot replicator 5th gen. The possibilities are endless no doubt but what are some things that the community needs? I'd like to come up with a good grill badge, maybe some other badges. Shift knobs? What else?

FYI not selling anything in this thread, just gauging interest.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a cheap way to swap in a 6mt ?

LOL

Can you copy that...LOL

Actually, a GT emblem for the custom grill. I ordered mine from ebay out of Japan.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How much that badboy cost? If you don't mind. Shift knobs would be great

$17.00 but it was taken off a car, it wasn't new.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i'm not sure what the output material is like, but if you're talking about things that can go on the outside of the car...

rear windshield (roof) spoiler?

rear trunk lip spoiler?

those are both sort of basic shapes, I feel like...

i'm not sure what the output material is like, but if you're talking about things that can go on the outside of the car...

rear trunk lip spoiler?

Should hold up fine outside. I couldn't do a one piece spoiler.

yeah, usuall the rear windshield spoiler (so, roof spoiler I guess), is just a strip that goes along the top of the windshield to whatever designed dimensions...

kinda same idea with the trunk lip spoiler. just a piece that attaches to the very edge of the trunk with 3M tape or whatever.

is the material flexible or stiff (and/or brittle?)?

edit: sorry, i mis-read that... thought you said you "could" do a one piece spoiler.

I'd like something that holds my phone securely other than the cup holder. It would be nice if it was high enough to be easily visible. I've tried a number of things and to some degree they all suck.

rear trunk lip spoiler?

Whoa! How long of an object can you print? Would a spoiler be printed in 2 pieces?

Edited by kred

Whoa! How long of an object can you print? Would a spoiler be printed in 2 pieces?

Around 9 inches is longest I can do. The roof spoiler would be doable it would just segmented into several pieces. What could happen is I could make the part, cast a mold, then make them out of fiberglass. But alas, I really don't have time for that. If anyone wants to help out we could work something out.

So far I'm liking:

Cubby gauge pod

Vent gauge pod

Custom L7 badges

Shift knobs

I could really benefit from a designer with experience to help design the parts, or even a community effort.

yeah, usuall the rear windshield spoiler (so, roof spoiler I guess), is just a strip that goes along the top of the windshield to whatever designed dimensions...

kinda same idea with the trunk lip spoiler. just a piece that attaches to the very edge of the trunk with 3M tape or whatever.

is the material flexible or stiff (and/or brittle?)?

edit: sorry, i mis-read that... thought you said you "could" do a one piece spoiler.

Its PLA, pretty stiff when printed to be.