LegacyGT.com

Need your help!

Alex1

Alright i hope this is the right forum, cuz i dont want to post it in the wrong one, (sry mods if i did once again lol)

annyways, i made the decision, im going with the legacy :-d

went to the dealer yesterday and said near 26700 ;-d anways.... a few things im trying to figure out...

when im in it, it seems smaller, lower, and more"open" then the a4, and saab 9-3.. ect... why is this? what are the specifications and things?

so thats one concern, also the clutch stink, smelled like rotton onions, it was gross, the car had 23 miles on it and im assuming my new car will have less.... will the smell be in my car too? or is that only with some cars...

finally, what color should i get, i know i want a black interior :-d but i duno if i want white or black... i test drove the alantic blue with black, and that was pretty sweet i gota admit but i really think i like black or white better...

-alex

I went for the black without the spoiler, it's a really classy combination.

The clutch only stinks if you launch the car quite hard with a good slip. It only smells when abused.

I test drove the A4 and its laughably underpowered, as far the ride height comparison, I couldn't tell ya.

Edit: you might actually want to go with the white in this state. Black always looks miserable in the winter around these parts.

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

Yeah the the clutch stink is from launches, some say the stink will be worth it if you hit a good launch. I say black it looks so good and as long as you keep it clean it wont look too bad in the winter, I mean all cars look bad when dirty so why not get the one that looks the nicest when clean? hehe, sorry this is a biased opinion since I love my black LGT. Glad to see you went with the LGT, you will be very happy with this car, It gets a lot of respect from other people too.

-NS

thanks, yeah i was originally thinking black, but then i realized i wanted a slight tint, and i wont want my car to be really dark, black on black you know, also if i end up going to college somewhere like CA or FL than im not gona want a black car, it will get ridiculouslly hot....

hahhahaha niiiice hatt.... wayto go lol

white and black are good, i think ill go with black but i wana see what they both look like in person, then put a 35 tint on it

grrr this sounds good... just need my stupid grades!!!

You can come check mine out Alex, I'm in the boston area =)......Black on Black with 35% up front and 20% on the rears, with the black interior, there is only a minmal noticable difference from the front to the back tint.......=)

Good call ditch'n the jeep =)

Alright i hope this is the right forum, cuz i dont want to post it in the wrong one, (sry mods if i did once again lol)

annyways, i made the decision, im going with the legacy :-d

went to the dealer yesterday and said near 26700 ;-d anways.... a few things im trying to figure out...

when im in it, it seems smaller, lower, and more"open" then the a4, and saab 9-3.. ect... why is this? what are the specifications and things?

so thats one concern, also the clutch stink, smelled like rotton onions, it was gross, the car had 23 miles on it and im assuming my new car will have less.... will the smell be in my car too? or is that only with some cars...

finally, what color should i get, i know i want a black interior :-d but i duno if i want white or black... i test drove the alantic blue with black, and that was pretty sweet i gota admit but i really think i like black or white better...

-alex

Black or white are both good colors. I like them both. personally I think tint on a black car is awesome looking. Also, the clutch stink is a little persistent. I haven't really had it where I can smell it in the car any more, but sometimes after trying to park in the tight underground parking spot I get out and can smell it just a little but it soon goes away.

Also keep in mind that most window tint also keeps out heat, so your car should be cooler if you get quality tint, even if it sits in the sun.

Later

Hey Alex..... sounds like you are really getting down into the thick of it which is good. Black looks nice in only the showroom and night IMHO but go with what your heart tells you. The aircon in the GT is sweet so it keeps things nice and cool.

The clutch does have a bit of a smell to it but it doenst hang around for ages, usually by first service its gone.

All the best with your purchase.

Adam.

Even though I want a white car, a black car with dark tint in my opinion looks best out of all colors. Unfortunately California laws state that you can't have tint on the front side windows.

Just curious, which colleges are you trying to apply to?

-ben

ohh hawt hawt, thanks mj and scans and ag....

black does look good im sure white does too, though i dont like alantic blue i test drove one with a black inter.... HAWT, but i like the more sleek looking black or white... haha ill decide later.... so here are my grades sooo farr:

1-Ap History... ?

2-English....?

3-Math.. A

4-Spanish a-/a

5-Graphics A

6-Chem B+?

7-Gym.. WHO CARES.. A

just the two most important leffft ahhhh this is so annotying

ap history is like good except for a midterm that counted as 3 test grades, and i havnet gotten it back, that will make or break me!!! SHIT SHIT HIST

uhm... good schools? i want bussiness and almost ivy, but i dont think ill get in with like a 1300 sat so i duno ill hafta see... wat are good schools in CA?

if you check out schools even half as much as you check out the LGT vs. cherokee, you should be able to list top choices already. = )

If its only your junior year, you have some time...but never too early to start. CA is a big step, when some very good business schools are so close by.

One thing at a time, looks like your having enough trouble figuring out the cars, wait on the school choice. I've got black but white looks great as well. The important thing is keeping your car clean, if you have the time and patience black is great.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Black Dog

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

aha u want my list as of now?

well eh.. brandies and babson are good schools but ide rather go some where warm....

so like reach schools first

1) Gtown, but im jewish

2) NYC, but i dont really like the city

3) Babson/brandeis, both the same cuz there same level and same crappy weather both 5min away from my home lol

4)U miami, WARMTH!! my sis goes there now

5) UCLA if i could get in? or some bussienss school in CA, i dont know of any really? peperdine is rich kids who dont want to leave Malibue, so thats not for me lol

Some good schools in CA are like Pepperdine, Stanford, USC, the U.C.'s, some Cal Poly and Cal State schools. It all depends on your major. If you want to do business, Berkeley is your best bet. Haas School of Business is probably one of the best business schools there is. If you want to spend $40k a year for a private school, go to USC, because Marshall School of Business is also highly ranked. Focus on your undergraduate studies first before you think about graduate school. You have no idea how much harder college is till you get there.

How are your AP scores? SAT II scores? Just wondering because grades aren't everything. What are your extracurricular activities? U.C.'s love lots of EC activities.

I have friends from all those schools I listed above including all the U.C.'s and with the exception of Pepperdine.

Also, I might add that U.C.'s have a big out-of-state fee for people not from California.

-ben

The clutch only stinks if you launch the car quite hard with a good slip. It only smells when abused.

Not true at all. I have never abused the car as you state and I get the stink in bumper to bumper traffic, or on steep hills. Don't assume everyone who has this issue can't drive or is racing it please.

I've been read'n the "stink" issues all over the place. I drive hard sometimes, I drive in tons of traffic sometimes, I rip off the line sometimes (even more in stage 1 now), I start off the line slow sometimes....I have never once smelled the "stink" in all the driving I've done......Am I lucky? who knows......I've been waiting for it too, it just never showes up....So it makes me wonder what causes it...(ya know, be'n a quality engineer and all =)

Archived