LegacyGT.com

Radio problemo

JoeC99

Hey guys, I have this odd radio problem. First, my radio is never clear except for one station which is a county away from my usual driving area. Second, I noticed that when I have a random station on(when I receive a clear sound) and turn on my my air, defroster, or anything under the radio, it gets choppy, like I'm losing the signal. Any idea why this would happen? I'm totally lost.

More info:

2007 Legacy 2.5i limited stock radio no nav.

Here is what you do. Pry off the silver ring around your shifter and set aside. Pry up the bezel that is around the shifter. It is easiest to pry from right in front of the e-brake. After you get that out you will have to disconnect the ashtray electricals that are connected to it. It is one plug. Set that aside. On each side of the shifter you will now see a screw that is holding the "side rail" trim. Once the screw is out, they will pop off with a little pressure. Start at the bottom where the screw was and pull up gently. They should just pop off. Once thos are out of the way you should be able to see three screws on each side of the radio. Remove them and the radio will slide right out. Tip* Unscrew your shifter knob. The radio has some sharp metal. Don't want to scratch the knob up. Seeing as this radio unit has the HVAC control connected to it, it might be a tight job.

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

Archived