LegacyGT.com

[How-To] Clutch Damper Valve Delete

I'm not going to bother with a SS clutch line until I have to do a clutch, and then maybe not ever, so no not yet. It's not as necessary on the clutch hydraulics as it is for the brake system and the modulation needed at the limit. The Galfer fluid will work fine, or if you want to pick up a pint of Castrol for $6.00. Fluid type and quality is not as critical in the clutch as it is in a brake system. Edited by GTEASER

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this today, and I'm honestly a little mad at myself for waiting this long.

Couple little notes: GTEASER's post a couple pages in (re: gusset removal) says that the remaining gusset should go toward the front of the car- that's the end that gets the tube that leads to the master cylinder. Also, check the gasket on the throttle body side of the TMIC-TB hose while you have the intercooler off, doesn't get any easier to do. The hose came off with the intercooler on mine, despite the fact that I had loosened the clamp at the intercooler, and couldn't even get to the one at the throttle body.

Wow.. just wow.

Regret holding off this mod! Took two hours for me, made sure I bled the clutch good. Ended up changing the fluid.

But totally different experience now with the clutch!

To be honest, the clutch seems normal to me.

Yes, no more floating engage point. That was the best part.

However, everything seems normal as to where it engage with and without the damper.

Hill starts are MUCH more precise. No more over revving or barely stalling.

Normal driving seems alot better. Rpm drops a tad faster.

2nd to 3rd wot seems alot nicer between shift. I can literally feel the clutch engage and disengage when I tell it too.

But clutch feels completely normal now.

Maybe I didn't have the car long enough to actually tell the difference? Hmm...

Overall, best $26 I ever spent on the car.

• 5 weeks later...

Ahem....

This mod has made the clutch engagement more alive. In the sense that I can feel the point when the clutch is actually engaging instead of floating. For some reason my clutch pedal is more firm compared to GTEASER's. It takes a heavier foot press to get the clutch pedal to go in. Since I am not the original owner I can only imagine the previous owner had the clutch replaced. :iam:

I have not tried to drop the clutch or attempted any launches. Too scared. Besides I am still on the stock map and can't take advantage of full boost. It is still a kick in the pants from 1st to 2nd and the clutch works like I want it to.

My clutch engagement feels like it is about 1/3 from the floor everytime. So it's consistent. However, I don't know if that gives any indication to the health of the clutch plate, disk or the push rod. I can feel the disengagement through the pedal and visualize it (if that even makes sense.)

This is my daily driver so it just feels normal?! No mush....just push.(wait..whaaa that doesn't even rhyme although it looks like it should?!) Everything about this mod is a plus. Just make sure you have a good buddy and helper to to all the dirty work while you fiddle with the shift stop installation!! ;)