LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too big to do as a single print on my Kossel Pro. It could be done in parts and glued together.

I did not measure the tunnels for the air vents, but I suspect they are less than 10" so that could be done. I think doing a 50/50 could actually work though. I wouldn't imagine hiding the seems would be that difficult since it's just black. I would ideally want something that let the nexus slide in without further modification like the oem subby piece, plus allowing a very short, or right angle usb cable to fit while still being able to adjust the vents. To much? lol

That seems to be the main issue with order the jdm cubby for the nexus project .

I did not measure the tunnels for the air vents, but I suspect they are less than 10" so that could be done. I think doing a 50/50 could actually work though. I wouldn't imagine hiding the seems would be that difficult since it's just black. I would ideally want something that let the nexus slide in without further modification like the oem subby piece, plus allowing a very short, or right angle usb cable to fit while still being able to adjust the vents. To much? lol

That seems to be the main issue with order the jdm cubby for the nexus project .

This is getting fairly complex. Like up into the dozens of hours design time complex. I'll see what I can do by modifying the gauge pod kred has designed to accommodate a nexus. I can do it in one piece that way.

Anyone have a close up picture of the DRS v2 installed. I just want to make sure I put it in there properly. I already broke one just playing around with it.

They are fragile, but serve well when installed correct. I have a very early revision in my cat and its holding good for several weeks now.

Don't bite, squeeze,twist,pinch etc them when handling. They will not hold up to torsional stress

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/14/cedc5ace809ead5ebeaa857eca675f97.jpg

They are fragile, but serve well when installed correct. I have a very early revision in my cat and its holding good for several weeks now.

Don't bite, squeeze,twist,pinch etc them when handling. They will not hold up to torsional stress

:eek: stops cat rattles too? you could be a millionaire.

At the widest point at the top is 13" and the bottom where it tapers the width decreases to 11.5".

I have access to a larger 3D printer here that I could probably print that. Do you have a 3D model built of it? I'd be more than happy to at least try.

This is why I love forums :lol: there's always people trying new stuff.

I have access to a larger 3D printer here that I could probably print that. Do you have a 3D model built of it? I'd be more than happy to at least try.

This is why I love forums :lol: there's always people trying new stuff.

I do not, but hell, i'd be willing to either try, or even find someone in Houston who can 3D scan this so we can manipulate the data and try to make one fit

Look what just arrived!! :icon_cool

Thank you again to discojon, and also for the nuclear bunker postcards - very cool :D

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ptt5w0.jpg

Glad everything got you you in one piece. I don't envy you having to mail out 36 packages now though.;). i'd recommend padded mailers as the spacers may get crushed if they are machine sorted. Let me know of there is anything else you Aussies need.

Edited by discojon

I'm working on cleaning up the front page of the thread to make it easier to navigate and link to. Thanks to everyone who has offered to help out with design or share what they have designed. I am going to work on a insert for the cubby to hold a phone in landscape orientation tonight. I want a simple and quickly removable way to hold my note 4.

I'm working on cleaning up the front page of the thread to make it easier to navigate and link to. Thanks to everyone who has offered to help out with design or share what they have designed. I am going to work on a insert for the cubby to hold a phone in landscape orientation tonight. I want a simple and quickly removable way to hold my note 4.

I'm still looking for a good way to maintain a suction cup mount for my Sirius in the Cubby....;)

So if you figure out the phone mount maybe a more generic version that could handle a suction cup mount for almost any device? (Phone/Sirius/Small GPS):wub:

I'm still looking for a good way to maintain a suction cup mount for my Sirius in the Cubby....;)

So if you figure out the phone mount maybe a more generic version that could handle a suction cup mount for almost any device? (Phone/Sirius/Small GPS):wub:

Does the suction cup mount have a ball mount on it? Or some pivoting piece in the middle? if so an arm could be made to hook to that. Post a photo if you can

Here's the kit I have, but due to the bottom curve of the Cubby the suction cup rarely stays mounted. I've been able to remove the rubber cubby bottom and it sticks a little better, but still not 100%.

I was thinking that if there was a flat mount that would slide into the bottom of the cubby it would provide a better surface for the suction cup. I was also thinking it could have a non smooth surface to it that would allow the suction cup to create more suction:icon_ques

And of course this would allow almost any suction cup mount available to be placed into the cubby - Which would just mean aligning to the proper suction mount depending on device vs. multiple designs.

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/images/products/detail/SUPV1.jpg