LegacyGT.com

I installed my IAG AOS (Air Oil Separator) last weekend. With a built engine, I wanted an AOS with larger volume and designed to vent to atmosphere. I had a Crawford v2 AOS before and although it was working ok, I had to fix the hose connection at the crankcase so figured I might as well upgrade while I'm at it. :lol:

The IAG AOS is HUGE. Dwarfs the Crawford AOS. More volume = better separation

Some features I like about the IAG AOS:

• Dedicated connections to each head and the crankcase for better flow. No tees used.
  • Huge outlet port. 1 in diameter. The large diameter reduces the velocity of the air traveling through, which may improve separation.
  • Rotating top discharge port. You can install it in a variety of locations and point the discharge port in different directions.
  • Coolant backplate. The coolant flows through the entire height of the AOS, keeping it warm and flashing off any condensed moisture inside the can.
  • Serviceable. The AOS can is able to be opened up for cleaning or inspection.

Potential improvements:

• Mounting bracket and hardware. The Crawford mounts way easier with its bracket design and two small bolts. The IAG AOS takes more effort but does have more adjustability. I think it could be improved.
  • More space to tighten the coolant AN fittings. It's extremely tight to get a wrench square on the fitting to tighten it. They could have designed it to have more room to get in there.
  • Provide hose clamps. Again, they include zip ties for the breather connections like the other AOS units on the market. Clamps would be nicer.
  • Provide an option for a threaded fitting for the drain line. The oil drain line connection has a barb at least, but it would be nice if it had an NPT or AN connection where you could use either a barb or attach a hose with a crimped end on it for a leak free seal.

I am not affiliated with or sponsored by IAG. I just found a product that fits my needs better and wanted to share my thoughts with the community and maybe have some discussion as well. Overall 8/10 product

AOS.thumb.jpg.b0d4372f63af11a6c229780b58f6fd4b.jpg

I've had my eye on one of the IAG Performance Race Series Air/Oil Separators for quite some time. On this super secret "Race" version they have used all AN fittings, which would address your need for a threaded fitting for the drain line. Here's some of the pictures they emailed me...http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/elginowens_photos/IMG_4207.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/elginowens_photos/IMG_4205.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/elginowens_photos/IMG_4064.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/elginowens_photos/IMG_4068%201.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
It is the same as the 08-14? WRX. If you follow those instructions you will be fine. Ive run my IAG aos for 6 months? Got their version2 when it first came out. I also have the comp and i would suggest the comp one unless you have strict emissions and are worried about the aos dumping those vapors out and not back into the inlet.

I'm going to try and document my install as best as I can. IAG said it won't ship till next week. I also went for the pitch stop mount bracket set up, because j think it'll look better then mounted on the strut tower

Oh boy received and installed my competition AOS today. Using the pitch stop mount bracket. Clearance is real tigjt because of the AC line the runs across the pitch stop mount.

Quality is top notch. Still need to adjust fitment a bit

Pitch stop mount bracket is a must if you are RacersX FMIC.

i got the new anthracite color its awesome. they said it was on backorder when i ordered too, then it magically showed up at my door in 3-4 days time.

Only gripes:

Wish pitch stop mount was longer so it could mount with more clearance over the AC hardlinethe runs across the firewall over the pitch stop mount.

The recess for the cap head screws is machined with too tight of tolerance for the ridges on the cap head screws.

And more space to tighten coolant line fittings would be nice.

Photos soon i promise, i took them just need to post from a pc not a mac

Archived