LegacyGT.com

Chrome Delete Info

For everyone that had deleted their chrome window trim, I'm looking to do the same before I install my provas. What methods had everyone used?

I plan on using regular black plastidip. Any suggestions from anyone that has done this? Does it come out looking like stock? I hate imperfections lol. Others may not see it, but I'll know its there!

Painters tape and news paper is what I'll use. Unless there's a better way, I feel like it'd be a hassle to remove the trim off the car. True?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I dipped mine, it was pretty easy. Lots of masking, but worth it. Took me about 6 hours start to finish. If you apply the dip in the right thickness and at proper time intervals, it'll come out pretty smooth, sometimes a mild textured finish.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/EvolutionEleven/Facebook/Storm%20%2011%20LGT%20Limited/10403128_10100590112003014_3348903135011711443_n.jpg

I used lots of masking tape and brown paper when I dipped mine a bit after I got the car. It came out great. It's been almost 3 years and it has held up pretty well. I do have a tear here and there.

On my next go around this year, I will probably take the time and remove the trim and sand and paint permanently since I never plan on going back to the chrome..ever.

I dipped mine, it was pretty easy. Lots of masking, but worth it. Took me about 6 hours start to finish. If you apply the dip in the right thickness and at proper time intervals, it'll come out pretty smooth, sometimes a mild textured finish.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/EvolutionEleven/Facebook/Storm%20%2011%20LGT%20Limited/10403128_10100590112003014_3348903135011711443_n.jpg

I'm afraid that the dip will stick to the tape and when I peel the tape it will take the trim with it.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I am most likely going with Black Chrome wheels, so I was thinking of buying the Black Chrome Kit that Duplicate-Color sells and do all the moldings and emblems in Black Chrome. Think it will accent the Ruby Red Metallic very well. Time will tell.. First I got to get the wheels.

Doesn't that Black Chrome paint fade and look green after a while?

That I don't know. Figured if I spent the extra time on prep and getting a couple solid coats of clear it should be fine. I have a Ruby Red Metallic so the chrome to me doesn't look to out of place. So once I get wheels and a slight drop, I will decide for sure if it is the route I decide to choose.

Archived