LegacyGT.com

5-Zigen Rims

skichico27

ok so im going to invest in rims this summer, i have them all picked out, i just want honest opinions because ive seen so many rims while i was searching.....

This is what Ive decided on.... 5-Zigen FN01R-C in black gloss

I really like the chrome lip and i figure ive got a silver lgt with dark tints, this should be a nice touch.

http://www.wheelsnext.com/default.cfm?home=packages&action=dspPackage&&BRAND=5-ZIGEN&MODEL=FN01R_C&color=Black%20Gloss

So...please tell me your honest opinions on the rim and how you think they will look.

Also..... i have to decide on 17's or 18's, but i dont know enough about wheel size and such and i dont want to lose any speed if i go bigger, so i would love some suggestions

Im going with new tires.....Yokohama Avid's are what i had in mind, i really dont like the potenzas...... anyone have them on their LGT??? how do you like them?

and if some one could help with the offset....ive read everything on it but i dont understand it well enough to decide on my own!

Thanks!

Go to the wheels and tires forum first. Read the two stickys there on FAQs and offsets. Will answer your major questions.

Wheel choices are up to you. Keep the stockers for winter tires if you are in that kind of an area.

Lots of reviews there on tires. Purpose and budget will aid you in decision.

Welcome and and have fun!

O.

i wouldnt use invest to describe anything car related :p

to be honest not many people have them because 5 thin spokes on a big sedan like ours might look out of place. like unbalanced. the color scheme is tried and true though.. its what im currently running.

but the wheel forum would be ur best bet

car for sale. PM me!

Good point, never though about the width of the spokes.....

Im starting to like the mesh look, BBS are too pricey, I did some searching and i really like these wheels, but it says made for BMW, will they fit my LGT?

http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Beyern&wheelmodel=Mesh+%2D+Black

The chrome lip on this rim looks great! I hope they fit, ill buy them in a second

After reading these comments i think ive decided on my wheels and tires...

Wheels: http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tires-packages/Enkei-Fn_18-Gunmetal%20Gloss.html

Tires:http://www.performanceplustire.com/products/tires/searchType/searchByBrand/manufacturerID/29/productID/296/tiresize/225_SLASH_45-17/tiresize/225_SLASH_45-17#prodAnchor

Let me know what you guys think! I decided to stay with 17's just because i don't want to mess with my bumpers and a 40mm profile may be too thin on 18's IMO

Do you think I should stay 215 or 225, or possibly wider.....im looking for amazing traction obviously lol...... How wide is too wide

i dont know the weight of them, i cant find it, any one know?

Thanks for the offer on the bronze ones, but that wouldnt work with my dark tint and silver car!

Not mine.

Gave you the link because there were some good pics of the wheels mounted.

i dont know the weight of them, i cant find it, any one know?

Thanks for the offer on the bronze ones, but that wouldnt work with my dark tint and silver car!

I have the hyper black in 17 on my car. I'll have some good pics this weekend of mine on silver car with dark tint...(personally I don't like it and I am getting new wheels soon)

oh, and they weigh like 17 lbs

Thanks for the info!!

Actually it was wierd I was a town over from where I live and decided to take the long way home to stop at a custom car shop to see their prices. The guy threw a crazy deal at me.... 4 Tenzo Type M's Version 1's in 18x8 and 4 Yokohama Avids for like $1,250

I was real close to buying it right there but I decided to to be an impulse buyer, ten minutes after i left i felt my car pulling hard to the right, so i finally find a good flat parking lot to pull over in, assuming the worst, and of course i had a dead flat front right. Got her jacked up and looked next door to find out i was next to a tire shop. They couldnt plug the tire so im on a donut..... oh and when i went to put the spare on i had to crank it up a little higher cause its a thicker tire.... car fell off the jack but luckily it was hot out and the rotor just dug right into the blacktop....So im getting my wheels and tires sooner than i thought, but it WAS NOT fun changing that tire, when i got back in the car it said 102, in CENTRAL NEW YORK!

Archived