LegacyGT.com

Oil filter and manual

I have to ask this question.. maybe I already know this.. but I don't have a 05-08 LGT manual in front of me but it shows a little drawing where the oil filter is under the car right?

I mean maybe people don't bother reading anymore but I know for sure looking at my 03 Forester XS manual it showed a picture.

ummm it's under the protective plastic peice, so yes.

I know where it is but I was trying to tell a new legacy owner where it was.. but they made it seem like it was so hard... then I had another person ask me the same question again but with the 2008 model.. after I that I pretty much said RTFM.

If you can't find the effin filter, you should stay in the driver's seat and don't even attempt to change the oil.

Thats how I felt.. the Legacy uses the cover under the car too right? If I'm correct it says clear as day where the filter was.

Thats how I felt.. the Legacy uses the cover under the car too right? If I'm correct it says clear as day where the filter was.

Well, it isn't written in bright orange and surrounded with LED's if that's what he's expecting. :lol:

Maybe he's looking in the wrong place? Like between the mufflers?

I don't know... pretty sure the legacy has the cover on it and I told him it would be on the left side of the car if your looking head on.

But the fact the another person came and asked the same question right after I just said where it was makes me think he was messing around..

Maybe it's just me but I like to read car manuals for fun?

Hopefully he doesn't have an automatic transmission and removes the trans filter...it looks like the engine filter. And they are marked...does he read?

lol yeah he said the only filter I see is behind the front wheels.. I was like No!! thats not the oil filter!!

man.. maybe they should make it a requirement for people to know something about the car before they buy it? god forbid if one screws the car up because of not reading something which is in the owners manual then telling the dealer to fix it or I'm getting my lawyer or whatever...

Archived