LegacyGT.com

Loan a car?

uptown4784

When I bought my car...they said if my car ever has to stay at dealership for the day they will let me borrow a car. I just got the recall letter they said, you need to drop off the car. I asked can I get a for the day. Totally ignored my question they tried to avoid answering it. What should I do? thanks

Well if they won't set an appointment then push them to give you a loaner. You may run into the awesome problem of them not having any loaners available. I had a problem with getting a loaner for the 4 days that they had my car as it failed the recall!

Set up an appointment when you have a good hour or 2 available

Unless your a extremely busy person everyday, You shouldn't need to loan a car for a 30min or less job. Just sit/watch until its done.

If its about the latest recall with the brake corrosion issue they are not going to give you a loaner. Subaru is not going to provide one is that recall.

You are wrong! Especially if it fails recall. The dealer may not want to but SOA will tell them to or reimburse you for a rental while your car is waiting to be repaired.

You are wrong! Especially if it fails recall. The dealer may not want to but SOA will tell them to or reimburse you for a rental while your car is waiting to be repaired.

Loud and clear...

They were going to charge me $35 dollars. How do you know SOA will reimburse?

Loud and clear...

They were going to charge me $35 dollars. How do you know SOA will reimburse?

You have to call SOA and complain but not be rude. I don't know if they will do it for a single day or not but if you tell them that you can't be without a car due to work and that this is because of something that Subaru did wrong in the manufacturing process they may reimburse you. I was able to get them to be willing to reimburse me up to 55 a day if I had to rent a car. Remember to be nice and continue to point out that you are without a car because of a mistake made by them!

Did you get it in writing?

I guess since you didn't answer, the answer is no. Noob car buying mistake. Make the dealer put EVERYTHING in writing.

I sold cars for 5yrs(most God awful experience of my life), but I did learn how to buy a car...new especially.

Having the dealer agree to a loaner car is one of the top priorities of buying a new car. Tell the dealer they either agree to the loaner car(if warranty work has to be performed and you'll be without your vehicle for a set amount of time, such as overnight), or you'll find another dealer who will.

100% of the times I've requested this, the request have been granted.

Lesson learned.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived