LegacyGT.com

Prosport review

WRteXan

I didn't see a part/vendor review forum. Maybe I missed it.

I'm not putting my actual review until this whole transaction is finished, but so far it is not looking positive. I purchased 2 halo series gauges directly from prosport; a boost gauge and an oil temp gauge. I received the gauges on Saturday 6/11 and installed them Sunday 6/12. As soon as I finished installing them, I started the car, and found that the boost gauge was not working. Here is the string of emails so far. It looks I will have to call now, which cannot be a good sign.

My initial email

I purchased 2 halo series gauges, a boost gauge and oil temp gauge. I installed them this weekend and have a bit of an issue. The boost gauge is intermittently losing the signal from the transmitter. I have traced the issue to the connection of the transmitter cable at the boost gauge itself. I have reseated the connector many times, but it still will flicker. If I hold it just right, I can get it to read, but this is not a long term solution for a NIB item.

I really do not want to pull my dash parts out again and re-route wires into the engine bay if at all possible. Is it an option for me to purchase another halo series boost gauge, swap any/all defective parts, and then return the defective parts for a refund? I have a strong feeling it is a broken solder joint in the gauge's pin header, so it would be a plug-n-play swap for me.

Prosport's response

Are you 100% sure the connector is pushed all the way in. Ive seen it many times that customers dont seat the pigtail down fully.

Let me know before we move forward.

My response

It is seated the same depth as the temp gauge. The locking mechanism on the harness connector is latched onto the gauge's pin header. Is there something else that would indicate that it is fully seated?

Prosport’s response

I'm not sure what this could be then, Did the Gauge ever work for you??

Were do you have the boost sensor mounted at? in the engine bay?

My response

I received the gauges Saturday and installed them yesterday. The sending unit is in the engine bay, mounted on the firewall. I mounted a prosport boost gauge sending unit for my mini cooper in the same location and had little trouble with it. Either way, heat/moisture is not the current issue. It was doing this immediately after install. As in first time I turned on the ignition. The issue is 100% AT the gauge. It could be the gauge header, it could be the harness connector, but the issue is AT the gauge. I can put pressure on the connection in just a certain way, and it will read fine... but I can't drive around with a gauge in my hand.

Prosport’s response

At this point ill need you to send the Gauge and sensor with the wire in for inspection. I'm sorry but i can not properly diagnose the Gauge through email :/

Please find the attached return form.

I really want to get the Gauge working for you properly

My response

There were no attachments in your last email. How much time are we looking at? I didn't purchase gauges with the intent of becoming financier of the R&D team. I'm willing to buy another one, and send this back for a refund to minimize my downtime. You should be able to troubleshoot it all you want to at that point. Is this not an option? Is returning the gauges for a refund an option?

Prosport’s response

I'm not sure what you mean about being a R&D team. :/

Ive sold thousands and thousands of Gauges.

How about you call so i can help you over the phone.

Once again return form attached, double checked.

My response

What I meant by that comment: I'm not looking for technical support, nor am I happily willing to wait for an item to be repaired that was NIB. I'm wanting to exchange a defective product. It is typically a very simple procedure of filling out an RMA. It would be one thing if this were a custom product, but as you stated, you've sold thousands and thousands of Gauges. That leads one to believe that there might be a good one sitting on the shelf. Already stated (3x now), I'm willing to purchase another gauge and return the defective one for a refund and have yet to receive a response to this option. I'm trying to prevent pulling out dash parts and crawling around in the floor 2 more times. Even if I cut it down to 1 time, it's half the work.

Hopefully I'm done venting. I will try to give you a call, but work 8-5.

Prosport's response

Ok I'm sorry if i haven't been clear about how our return policy works.

It will be best at this point to talk to you over the phone

Archived