LegacyGT.com

returned to stock for smog...now have a cel for o2

I bought this car with a Cobb ap, cobb DP, and also a gutted UP. I replaced the DP with the stock one, I uninstalled the AP, and now the car shows a cel for O2 sensor heater circuit low. I also have a green cruise control light flashing.

I pulled all this stuff off so I could smog it for change of ownership buthats not gonna happen with the current cel.

It seems unlikely, but is it possible the O2 went bad during the swap? Also, I assume the green cruise light is related to the cel coming on as well?

Im sure im not the only one who has experienced this?

Anyone?

Cruise will flash with a CEL, thats how our cars work.

as for the O2 sensor, i would double check it is installed tightly and plugged in. the amount if times ive gotten a CEL for forgetting to plug my MAF back in is inumerable

my first question would be, when you uninstalled the AP, I assume you changed it back to stock tune? even putting stock DP on, I would have left the AP installed with OTS 1 mapped on ECU.

I was afraid this was coming. I did not change it back to stock tune. I was under the impression that by uninstalling it, it would go back to factory settings. I read it somewhere.

So hopefuly i ll try and reinstall the AP and switch the tune if thats how it works. All this Cobb stuff is new to me right now since i just bought the car with it. Looks like ill learn the hard way, dammit.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/4cfedz31/Mobile%20Uploads/ADF8A882-E297-4AB8-9161-1C7392AD24A6_zpspzxrbsyp.jpg

So here is what I found. Looks like whoever did the DP install had to cut the heat shield a little to keep it away from the O2. Looks like it frayed the wires a bit. Let's hope that's the problem. I'll order a new one tomorrow.

Archived