LegacyGT.com

E-mail survey about future premium Subaru systems

nKoan

I got an e-mail survey from SOA about premium sound systems in my Legacy GT.

The questions basically went "Would you buy a factory upgrade to your sound system if you were to buy a new Subaru?"

And then, "Pick three audio manufacturers that you like? And rate them on a scale of 1-7"

The last two questions were "We know you didn't choose Infinity, but how would you rate them 1-7?" and "We know you didn't choose JBL, but how would you rate them 1-7?"

So, I guess its good news that premium sound systems seem like they might be coming to the Legacy GT (presumably, Infinity or JBL). But, like all factory upgrades, they will probably cost 2-3 times as much as it would cost to do it yourself.

Guest heightsgtltd

Yeah I got the same and did it.

I wonder how many times people didnt go with either JBL or Infinity off the bat :lol:

I just read a post on NASIOC about someone that did it, and they were specifically asked about Harmon Kardon and JBL.

This almost leads me to believe that Subaru is really only considering JBL, Harmon Kardon and Infinity. I guess time will tell :p

Harman/Kardon, JBL, Infinity and Mark Levinson are all Harman International brands. Harman is a huge player in OEM audio and already does a lot of work with Toyota (JBL in Toyotas, Mark Levinson in Lexus). With Subaru's ties to Toyota it doesn't surprise me that they are leaning towards Harman to supply premium audio... my money is on them choosing the Infinity brand, just to differentiate from Toyota.

I think that's a different survey.

Weird that I would get a survey at the same time as everybody else but it not be the same one! haha

Dear Subaru Customer,

A while back we sent you an invitation to complete an online survey to help us continue to make the best possible products for your needs.

If you’ve completed this survey, thank you VERY much – your views will have a direct impact on the next generation of Subaru vehicles.

If you haven’t completed the survey, we ask that you consider spending a few minutes online to have your voice heard. We are closing the survey soon, and would really like to include your point of view. If you can, please click on the link below to complete this survey, or copy and paste the address into your browser's address window.

Thank you very much for your help – we truly appreciate your assistance in this regard.

Sincerely,

Product Planning Department

Subaru of America, Inc.

Guest heightsgtltd

This one enters you into a contest to win 3,000 bucks. If you respond quickly, you get 2 entries.

The truth is, I'd be happy with any improvement over what is currently offered for audio, but would prefer certain brands over others.

When asked to comment on JBL or Harmon-Kardon, I chimed in with a condemnation of the headunit/hvac system and that any system needs full synchronization with an MP3 or similar unit.

By the way, I'm winning the $3000.

Guest heightsgtltd

The funny thing is that they don't realize that people will $pend a good amount for really good audio.

But SOA will probably want us to $pend a good amount for middling audio :(

Archived