LegacyGT.com

VW Rims?

gregrock1989

i drive a 2003 l se wagon. im looking for an alternative to standard steel rims for the winter.

so far these vw rims caught my eye, how can I be sure if they will fit and wont damage the drivetrain? the tire size is the same as what i have on now 205/55R16.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjY2WDEwMDA=/$T2eC16FHJGkE9no8fzMpBQ,oe85LNw~~48_20.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjY2WDEwMDA=/$T2eC16FHJGkE9no8fzMpBQ,oeQpInQ~~48_20.JPG

I'd rather use the wheels the OP posted as snows than a set of steelies. Then he'd really look like a VW or Honda.

OP you need to find out what the bolt pattern is for those wheels. Some Jettas have a 5x100 lug pattern, but they usually have low offsets. In the long term it may cause some premature wear on your wheel bearings, especially if they haven't been replaced yet.

I'd rather use the wheels the OP posted as snows than a set of steelies. Then he'd really look like a VW or Honda.

OP you need to find out what the bolt pattern is for those wheels. Some Jettas have a 5x100 lug pattern, but they usually have low offsets. In the long term it may cause some premature wear on your wheel bearings, especially if they haven't been replaced yet.

it says on the wheels 16x6.5 +50

so offset is not an issue

center bore might be...

So do you guys know what the bolt pattern and offset for my car is by chance?

I'm also checking scrap yards for identical legacy rims.. found 3 from a 2002 and 1 from a 1998, which leads me to another question. Would these year differences matter? Thanks.

Be wary when using VW wheels.

Most of them use lug bolts that have a ball seat, rather than our cone (taper) seat lug nuts. Running cone lugs on ball seats is super unsafe.

Yeah, important point.

Especially given that VW center bore is 1mm larger, so wheels won't be hubcentric either.

I think VW uses 13mm ball seat, so one would have to procure proper lug nuts.

Archived