LegacyGT.com

Only seeing ~.45bar of boost

No CEL, and first noticed this Friday when I was trying to change lanes going up a mountain(lane was ending) and a Nissan Sentra was able to speed up and block me(I ended up passing the car in front of him/her to change lanes). Later on I ran it WOT and it basically was under .5bar which made me guess it was just the wastegate spring keeping it shut.

I've checked all the hose connections and everything is on there; but I've noticed the hose on the wastegate slid pretty easily(I was able to pull the hose off by hand with minimal effort) and there's just a small(width-wise) clamp on there. The side of the hose on the compressor has a larger clamp. Not sure about the compressor side nipple but there's also no bead on the wastegate nipple.

I can try to replace the hose today but is there anything else I should look at? No CEL, idles and starts up fine, etc. Lamco boost gauge.

I should note the previous owner had installed a rebuilt ebay turbo(as in he bought a ebay turbo, and sent it off to get rebuilt before installing it).

Thanks, Kevin

Crap; I just realized the previous owner basically did a hack job(or at least to me). I'll try to get a pic; but there's a plugged orange hose(with a screw I should mention) coming up from a tee hooked up to some sort of solenoid or sensor on the intake(pre-turbo).

I also noticed the boost gauge is tee'd off, loosely, near the controller instead of near the BPV/BOV instead of how the Lamco instructions suggest. I didn't like this and sort of pissed me off, but maybe not a big deal, but the hose for the gauge is also routed across the engine bay, through the main harness grommet/boot on the passenger side, and back to the driver's side in the cabin.

pics attached.

First is the hose from compressor to waste gate.

Second and third is the hose I was talking about and the solenoid it's hooked up to. I didn't know where the black line at the bottom went since I couldn't really pull the hose up. Grabbed a set of pliers and managed to get it up to take the pic.

Fourth is where/how the boost gauge was connected.

100_2810.thumb.jpg.508a8d3edaa7ec4b7a5ed0da558979cb.jpg

100_2816.thumb.jpg.0786267e90251ab7e277e7ab344229a4.jpg

100_2814.thumb.jpg.f4cb3b2b01d7e4dba9411d348136026f.jpg

100_2815.thumb.jpg.5f863cf64faf8f2c4eb8afba26aefcc9.jpg

Archived