LegacyGT.com

Official Graphite Grey Metallic Thread (2010)

Tide

For me its the C-Mod grill, wrapped in some flat black pearl vinyl (overall look is very similar to the JDM/ADM ones because the mesh is recessed). The emblem is the rear hatch emblem I ordered from my local dealer.

I modified it to attach to a harness that secures it.

Some recent close-ups of the front grill, LED high/low beams and fogs and the taillight quad stop light mod.

Wow - got any links to the LED high/low bulbs you used there? I've not seen any that bright.

Also, what is the quad stop light mod?

Wow - got any links to the LED high/low bulbs you used there? I've not seen any that bright. Also, what is the quad stop light mod?
Thanks, yep (see below). They are Samsung LEDs outputting plenty of lumens with a lense over the LEDs. Basically PnP. I installed them together with RailKill and he too liked the look. They are bright enough for night driving too (at least for me and after I re-adjusted the beams and cut-off to DOT specs). Would be ideal if there was a second LED pointing down to make better use of the lower section of our reflectors, but even as-is they are great!

I got mine here (they were running a good tax season sale which made each set approx $100 including shipping)

http://www.philipshidkits.com/rsi-led-headlight-bulb-kits/

These guys also sell them:

http://automationled.3dcartstores.com/22W-LED-HEADLIGHT-KIT_p_138.html

And V LEDs too now:

http://www.vleds.com/new-products/5k-white-22w-led-headlights-fog-lights-9005-hb3-1-pair.html

The quad stop light mod is the one discussed in this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/brake-tail-lights-trunk-lid-145743.html

Essentially you convert your trunk bulbs to function as both tail and stop lights just like the outer bulbs using the 3rd brake light wiring and swapped 7443 (rather than the stock 7440) bulbs. Sounds more complicated than it really is. The guys who posted have a good write-up that will walk you through. 30 minutes tops. And it works great! Should be like this from factory. Looks cool and functional too.

Some videos of the bulbs:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DgHeX5dfkA]Automation Lighting 22w LED headlights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzv1M5MjAcE]NOVITA' 2013 LAMPADE LED SAMSUNG ULTRA BIANCO - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zAsRBoEt4]OMtuning H8 22W LED bulb Canbus - YouTube[/ame]

They are NOT for everyone and NOT as bright as HIRs or nowhere near HIDs, but for me, they work great as a halogen replacement.

Edited by Perscitus

Some recent close-ups of the front grill, LED high/low beams and fogs and the taillight quad stop light mod.

Is that just paint around the small grille impressed area on the fog light trim?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Is that just paint around the small grille impressed area on the fog light trim?
Close. I got the idea sometime last year that it might look cool to use some 3M backed flexible trim, cut and mold it to fit around the fogs and then the small grille impressed area to higlight it. Picked up the 1/4" then 1/2" inch wide rolls of this stuff from PepBoys/Autozone/Advance Auto Parts and cut to fit.

Worked out great. I ran some steel wool across the surface to give it a brushed aluminium or strainless steel finish.

Perscitus & JAMdrive, is that the JDM front grille? Where did you get the emblem to put on it?

I got the grill from c-mod and then took it to a body shop to paint match it. ;) Yaa it's meant to look like the JDM one. The emblem is the same part as the trunk emblem, part number 93033AJ000. You can google the number. To secure the emblem to the grill I just taped it w/ 3M outdoor double sided tape. It seems to work fine w/ no issues.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/jamesmajors/20120925-00566.jpg

Edited by JAMdrive

Thanks, yep (see below).<SNIP> ...

Man, thanks for all of that info! Very helpful. I really like the LED high/low beam. I ended up just getting a 6k DRL style led from jdmtoys because I have the 'bi-xenon' kit from TRS.

Allows me to use the high/low bulb spot purely for show, but it's annoying to have the HID's fire up momentarily if I have to flash my high beams w/o my lights on for whatever reason.

I wish I had read about that quad brake light mod before I ordered all of my platinum red LEDs from vleds! I got 7443's for the brake lights, and then 7440's for the trunk lights...dangit!

Sure thing! Yes, I like them too and very happy with them. BTW, I just heard from the guys that sell them that they also have a new design coming in soon. LEDs on both or multiple sides, putting out 1800-1900 lumens (vs the 1200 now). They might send me a kit to test and if they do I'll post a writeup here in a separate thread. I even got a sample teaser photo of a set installed in an unnamed car (attached). If its not photochopped, that looks rather impressive. They will also offer an H4 high/low LED bulb soon (1900 lumens high, 1600 lumens low). Not much use for us but nice nonetheless.

1135575920_RSI1800LumenLEDKit2.jpg.9d1535978ffb8f3c4cbafbb00a7a33d6.jpg

For me its the C-Mod grill, wrapped in some flat black pearl vinyl (overall look is very similar to the JDM/ADM ones because the mesh is recessed). The emblem is the rear hatch emblem I ordered from my local dealer.

I modified it to attach to a harness that secures it.

Are you guys happy with the C-Mod Grill. Quality and fit are good? I might order one up if so.

Are you guys happy with the C-Mod Grill. Quality and fit are good? I might order one up if so.

Yea the quality is decent. The fit is workable. With the c-mod grill you have to drill the holes so the fit is gonna be a little different for everyone. I had to squeeze in the grill a little bit which bent the top center slightly. You can't notice the slight bend from the outside though, only if you pop the hood. W/ that said I would definitely recommend the c-mod grill.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yea the quality is decent. The fit is workable. With the c-mod grill you have to drill the holes so the fit is gonna be a little different for everyone. I had to squeeze in the grill a little bit which bent the top center slightly. You can't notice the slight bend from the outside though, only if you pop the hood. W/ that said I would definitely recommend the c-mod grill.
Yep agreed. The material its made out of is brittle so take good care drilling the holes not to rip them open. But yes, I'm also happy with it. I like the recessed look plus the fact I can use a different mesh down the line as the frame is much more open and better shaped to mate with one that a stock grill frame cut-up for say the Grillcraft insert.

I wish I had read about that quad brake light mod before I ordered all of my platinum red LEDs from vleds! I got 7443's for the brake lights, and then 7440's for the trunk lights...dangit!

Beware of the 7443 red Brake LEDs. They caused the flashing brake and steady VDC dash lights in my car. I returned them for a refund.

Beware of the 7443 red Brake LEDs. They caused the flashing brake and steady VDC dash lights in my car. I returned them for a refund.

Huh, I wonder if that's why mine does that occasionally. I've just learned to ignore it.:lol:

Sure thing! Yes, I like them too and very happy with them. BTW, I just heard from the guys that sell them that they also have a new design coming in soon. LEDs on both or multiple sides, putting out 1800-1900 lumens (vs the 1200 now). They might send me a kit to test and if they do I'll post a writeup here in a separate thread. I even got a sample teaser photo of a set installed in an unnamed car (attached). If its not photochopped, that looks rather impressive. They will also offer an H4 high/low LED bulb soon (1900 lumens high, 1600 lumens low). Not much use for us but nice nonetheless.

O.o Is that led light only? That's awesome.