LegacyGT.com

Which LCA bushings?

RJS5689

I'm having a hard time deciding which LCA bushings to go with and where to find them. Nobody clearly calls their product an "LCA bushing". I keep seeing things like "anti-caster kits" and "anti-lift kit". Can someone point me in the right direction of products?

Whiteline has what they call an "anti-lift kit". Are these the LCA bushings?

http://www.rallitek.com/whankitkc.html

Perrin lists what they call an "anti-lift kit" also.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/list?category=8&model=10

SuperPro lays it right out there and calls their product "LCA bushings"

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/suspension-parts/bushings-mounts/superpro-subaru-legacy-gt-lower-control-arm-bushings.html

I know what offset bushings are, but what is the benefit of having one standard and one offset bushing compared to two offset bushings with the SuperPro kit.

Can someone point me int the right direction. I'm looking for good, poly LCA bushings to replace my cracked factory ones.

Ive got the AVO non offset and I have nothing but good things to say.

Ditto, and I also have the whiteline LCA forward bushings.

I just did Parrin end links yesterday, see my post here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you didnt put a link in

I just ordered the Offset AVO bits. from FBP. Cannot wait to get them in and installed....last effing part to come in then off to get corner balanced and aligned.

-Travis

Rob (rao) you're a fine gentleman, thanks I guess.

you didnt put a link in

I just ordered the Offset AVO bits. from FBP. Cannot wait to get them in and installed....last effing part to come in then off to get corner balanced and aligned.

sorry,

http://www.tuningalliance.com/noCar.php

I bought the end links from Mike. I'm sure Mike can get the bushings too.

The whiteline LCA fronts came from FBP.

You should have them replaced at the same time as the Front LCA rears. The arm needs to come off to put them any way's. So might as well do them at the same time.

Surprised the guy's at FBP's didn't recommend that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

We typically do recommend that, but depending on who you talk to and how high you put NVH on your list of concerns, we might not.

OP, I have AVO offset (increased caster) bushings and I love them. The front suspension/steering feels much tighter and more precise with them versus stock bushings. When I bought my aluminum spec.b control arms they already had the AVOs pressed in, but when I need to replace them I will switch to Whiteline. I like that with the WL bushings you can adjust caster without multiple press operations... just loosen the gusset plate, make the adjustment and tighten it back up.

Just had Whiteline LCA Bushing installed on my wagon(thanks to AZP installs) last week and it's great. I didn't feel any NVH.

What did you set the caster too???????? And how long did it take (Ie labor hours)?

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

What did you set the caster too???????? And how long did it take (Ie labor hours)?

Bump for Robin.

I think my mechanic took about 4 hrs to do the job.

Takes us about 2.5hrs to do the LCA bushings.

-mike

Thanks! Thats 100 bucks to my wrench and a couple of six packs of quality beer. (after he finishes the job:lol:)

Again, I'll ask if you have done the big adjustable "donuts" and what caster you set. I am leaning toward max caster (which will be hard on the steering "box") but which will help the pavement "following" of GYDS3's. I think:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I ordered the Whiteline bushings because of the adjustable caster (and the price). Can't wait to get all my suspension shit installed when they get here

The AVO's are OK but I prefer Whitelines because you have caster adjustability.

The AVO's are OK but I prefer Whitelines because you have caster adjustability.

And you adjusted caster to??????????????????????????????:lol:

The AVO unit's have a fixed adjustment on the caster. The Whitelines have Zero infinitely variable up to a certain point. Essentially you can rotate an offset insert from zero to max caster on the Whiteline units.

-mike

:whore:... which is why I recommend the Whitelines to anyone who asks!

Check out this post on our forum about choosing LCA bushings: http://forum.fredbeansparts.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=198

Archived