lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I purchased my 08 Spec.B with Cobb springs which I understand to be 1.75" in the front and 1" in the rear drop. I personally do not like the springs they make alot of noise and they are very soft and mushy. I had an Eibach Pro-kit on my 04 WRX and I never had any issues & liked the drop.

The drop isnt too bad though (I run 18's summer and 17" BBS's with 22/45/17 winter). I may run the 17's year round after powder coating.

Can someone reccomend a little stiffer spring then the Cobbs but with a similar drop? Is it bad to have such a big drop with the Bilstein struts on my Spec.B?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

What kind of noise is the spring making? I have been looking at trying to pick up a set of cobb's, but have heard a few people complain of them making noise on bilstein's.

they make a creeking noise like when you open a door in an old house. They have the spring silencers but those dont seem to work really. They are also a bit softer then any other springs I have had on my cars so they tend to bounce a little more they are more mushy. I mean the drop is nice I just wish they were more stuff and quiet. I may have them removed I am not sure yet though.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Just had koni inseret + eibach spring + 3/8" saggy butt shim + whiteline LCA bushing installed on my wagon last week. Car drives like a dream after break in + alignment.

Definitely worth it.

hey guys i'm looking to lower my spec b. and was looking at either cobb springs or H&R springs. has anyone used these before? if so how was your experience with them? also I heard swift springs give the car a pretty good stance, what is the drop with those springs and has anyone had a less than positive experience riding on them? thanks for your help guys

hey guys i'm looking to lower my spec b. and was looking at either cobb springs or H&R springs. has anyone used these before? if so how was your experience with them? also I heard swift springs give the car a pretty good stance, what is the drop with those springs and has anyone had a less than positive experience riding on them? thanks for your help guys

Search "cobb" in this thread and you'll find everything I've got to say about mine

finally got the rallitek springs put on today, after the group buy from like last year. :lol:

anyway. here you go.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mrjk77/rota%20tarmac%203s/IMG_0127.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mrjk77/rota%20tarmac%203s/IMG_0129.jpg

Legacy STi Pink springs are the way to go for your spec B Bilsteins, get in on the group buy here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-sti-pinks-springs-group-buy-132198.html

Pretty sure neither the Cobb nor the H&R springs were 'specifically' designed for the SpecB bilsteins.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPjTds5alQM&feature=related]YouTube- RaceComp Engineering Regular Guy Springs How-To Install[/ame]

The bump stops that they change out....are these available for our OEM struts? That should fix some of the problems. Also, anybody have any issues installing springs without a spring compressor? I'm scared that nut on the end is gonna come flying off

They might depending on the springs installed. Then again I'm not sure if these have the same pressure as my stock Beretta springs did... I suggest renting a spring compressor from your local auto parts store. If your near a Advance Auto or even maybe an Auto-Zone they should rent out the tool.

Even if you don't need it in the end you just bring it back and you get your money back.

I would suggest the use of a spring compressor, better safe than sorry, when I was in highschool I watched this guy put springs on this Integra probably one of the more dangerous things I watched someone do willingly. It all worked out in the end, but super nerve racking. I picked up a spring compressor from Harborfreight tools for like 20 bucks, not saying its the best but it will get the job done!

Playing with a compressed spring ???? You should really pay close attention, I had

a spring compresser "go off" while install front springs in a 66 Chevy II. The spring

hit me in the head and flat knocked me down. Yes ..... there was blood..... Dam

that hurt and I still have the scar in my forehead. You guys wanna be very carefull

playing with compressed spings.

Legacy STi Pink springs are the way to go for your spec B Bilsteins, get in on the group buy here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-sti-pinks-springs-group-buy-132198.html

Pretty sure neither the Cobb nor the H&R springs were 'specifically' designed for the SpecB bilsteins.

Do you know the drop difference between the Cobb's and the STI pink springs? I may be interested in pairing them with my Bilsteins since I really dont like the Cobb's. I have a spec.B and I will be running the 04 STI BBS wheels rear round.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.