LegacyGT.com

GT issues

I have an 05 legacy gt. 2 days ago, while under boost, the car all of a sudden made a noise like air was being let out of a balloon. Whenever the car would go into boost this would happen. Today, assuming it was a boost leak, i checked the IC and found that the IC boot connecting to the TB was loose. I re-tightened this and the car ran fine for 5 minutes until it felt like it was only running on 3 cylinders. It would feel like it was misfiring and then a minute later it would run completely fine until it would start misfiring again. I drove it around seeing if it would work itself out, it started to make the balloon noise again and i assumed the boot slipped of the TB again. Is the problem I am having just because the boot came off and the car was running rich so it fouled up a spark plug? or does this have something to do with the regulator and relay for the fuel pump? any help would be appreciated!

First get the car running with all your hoses tightened properly.

You could try a little hairspray and maybe a better t bolt clamp from the autoparts store.

Now would also be a good time to zip tie all the other hose connections, especially the ones on the blue t under the tmic, and if you can find a barbed connection, even better.

okay so the TB boot was slipping off, and today I got it tightened properly. The air flow problem is solved, however the engine still misfires on cylinder 3.. I replaced the spark plugs, checked to see if the coil was the problem (it wasnt) and put injector cleaner in the gas tank, however the 3rd cylinder still misfires. After turning the car off and trying new things with the 3rd cylinder the car would idle perfectly, and even drive fine until the boost hit, and then it would go back to shaking and showing check engine. any suggestions?

Check the hoses that are underneath the intercooler, the bpv vac line, and the fuel pressure regulator hose. All this started when you blew off the throttle body hose, so good chance another hose is off.

If all that checks out, go to an auto parts store and get the code read, and swap the fuel injectors. Your problem sounds a lot like this one:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/misfire-help-195663.html

how did you check to see if the coil was not the problem? swap cylinder 3's coil to cylinder 2 and see what happens. also make sure you don't have any leaks anywhere. you can make a boost leak tester for under 10$ if you get a control valve it'll be closer to 20$

also what things did you try to make the misfire go away? you said "After turning the car off and trying new things with the 3rd cylinder the car would idle perfectly, and even drive fine until the boost hit, and then it would go back to shaking and showing check engine."

So i swapped the fuel injector from 3 to 1, and all was well until it started spitting out p0102 And p0113 which have to do with the MAF. I took of the sensor and it was completely black... i sprayed it with electrical cleaner and hooked it back up. After i started the car back up and took it for a drive it started to misfire again and the CEL came on. When i got home i found out that cylinder 1 was misfiring and that was the only code. So this leads me to believe it was the injector from 3. Should i go ahead and buy a new injector or are there decent ways to clean injectors?

Archived