LegacyGT.com

KW Variant 3 - tell me your experience

killerniceguy

I am looking for some feedback from Legacy owners who have KW Coilovers installed. I am particularity interested in hearing from those who use the car as a daily driver in a colder (crappy roads) environment; we have now up here for 6 months a year.

The only coilover option currently available for the 2010+ LGT is KW V3, with the exception of springs no other suspension bits are commercially available.

The OE suspension leaves a lot to be desired.

Thoughts?

KNG

• 2 weeks later...
I got a set of v3 on my 04 sti. Had them for two years in the harsh winters and streets of Chicago. I daily drive my car no problems. They ride way better than the stock struts and tein springs I had before.

V3's are much more track oriented than their other offerings. Their valving is more aggressive and on bad roads I think they would ride too poorly on a daily driver.

v3s are barely track oriented. above the v3 kw makes clubsports, 2-way, and 3-way race coilovers. The biggest difference between the v1, v2, and v3 are the knobs on the damper, and the base valving is pretty much identical to either of the other two "variants."

that's probably the biggest problem with the V3. it's kind of hard to dial in a double-adjustable damper.

I haven't seen you post in awhile. ;)

I have KW V.2s on my '05 and they are good for a daily driver even with my 225/35/19 on 7.5" wide wheels. I also thought Race Comp or BC were making coil overs for '10 LGT's.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived