LegacyGT.com

Gas Gauge..Was i ripped off

I filled up 2 nights ago..gas gauge never went up..happends 3 weeks ago..next day it went up to where it should be...anyway this time it never went back up...i kept driving thinking its the gauge itself n i have gas...today my car wont start an when it did it puddered an shut off...did it get ripped off a the gas station or is it the car?

uh.....you got ripped off:spin:

of course it's your gauge! you honestly think a gas station would rip you off? sounds like you have an issue with the your tank and guage.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Well i went to the station and found out the guy that was working ripped alot of people off that night and they are going to pay me back tomorrow...i didnt know because i didnt think that happend at gas stations...the guy i never saw before so i was even outside of the car watching him and i didnt see him do anything....i hope there is no long term damage on the car...atleast i know once you hit E you got a good 30 miles to go even tho the display says - - -mi. to fill

Ah, no wonder, New Jersey. Next time, watch the guy pump the gas since you can't do it yourself.

haha I remember stopping to get gas and I did not know I just crossed the border into NJ I stepped out of the car and the guy looked terrified until I looked at the watertower and it was sometown, NJ haha I got back in the car.

But yeah I always watch the pump.

when i went back i talked the the guy i know but he does know to much english so i really couldnt understand him..he said they guy was over on money that night..im assumeing that means he ripped other people off also, but they are giving me my money back tomorrow, so i was told

Ah, no wonder, New Jersey. Next time, watch the guy pump the gas since you can't do it yourself.

ah, so sorry, didn't look to see where you live. My brother in law lives in jersey. I always watch those guys, I especially hate when they drip gas on the side of the car when they're finished filling.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

when they fill do they use the highest setting or do they pump at like low to medium? Pumping at highest setting cheats you too. Also watch for the times the fuel tanker refills the underground tanks.

I think I saw what you read somewhere...dirt gets in the tanks when they fill the tankers...high flow doesnt read what u really are getting ect.

An i didnt wanna call anyone cuz i know the guys that work there they are all nice, but that one new guy i wanna get his name an report him def.

It still amazes me that they are able to keep pumps "full service only" when the rest of the civilized world has been DIY pumps for decades. They must have one powerful lobby / union / group of thugs.

I know some really stupid people but even they manage to figure out how to put gas in their car.

Archived