LegacyGT.com

weird oil check

The first reading was more accurate you still are about a qrt low BUT to be sure park on a level surface allow the car to sit (like the whole work day) then check it again. with a qrt low youre around 3 qrts or less in the pan so buy a qrt to have on hand to add when you check it.

How often do you change you oil? Any apparent leaks?

I change it every 3k..I will the most Ive gone without changing it probably 4500..I wrote my original statement wrong.. The second time the oil guy checked it.. and told me the car has no oil.. I am starting to think I need to let the car rest to check the oil in this car lol..

I generally let the car sit at least 3 minutes. It's also worth noting the dipsticks on our cars are funky. One side of the dipstick will typically say one thing, like full, and the other side of the dipstick will say anywhere from like low to 1/2 full. I'm pretty sure this is because of the way the dipstick sits in the oil pan. I generally split the difference between what the back and front of the dipstick read, better safe than sorry.

There have been times where I've checked the oil level and it'll say like 1/2 full, double checked, yup still half full, third check out of boredom? All of a sudden barely any oil on the dipstick. The dipsticks on our cars just stink, there's a few threads on the subject, here's one

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/read-frickin-dipsticki-181504.html

I was staying out of this thread, but let's clear this up - your dipstick does not tell you that your oil is "half full" or "empty", it only measures down from full to low (depending on vehicle usually about 1.5 qts in America, your liters may vary).

Yes, Subarus have notoriously frustrating oil readings.

I was staying out of this thread, but let's clear this up - your dipstick does not tell you that your oil is "half full" or "empty", it only measures down from full to low (depending on vehicle usually about 1.5 qts in America, your liters may vary).

Yes, Subarus have notoriously frustrating oil readings.[/quote

Roger that.!!!

Archived