LegacyGT.com

Ugh, I know, another HID question

Bolksey85

There's only been about 15 new threads on xenons in the last few weeks but I can't help but ask. Anyone seen/installed/use this kit from TRS?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=170&osCsid=de1rsml34glp00uh1h4h27g61ep0mrao

Normally I wouldn't ask because I'm quite happy with my 65W Osram's but this in the description caught my attention.

Designed specially for use in halogen-based projectors

:orly:

Most Hid kits are the same in brightness. It's just like car wax, They claim there good and better then others this and that but are just the same as all the other ones. Buy it if you like it but I'm sure it'll be just as bright and good as my Nooto SE kit for I think $90.

It's not so much actual light output I'm curious about. My Osram's have that covered. I'm more interested in appearance as long as the light pattern doesn't change from what it is now. I saw a now deleted pic a few weeks ago of someone's PnP HID kit that had horrendous light scatter because of the halogen housing. I'm wondering if what TRS is offering with the above mentioned kit offers a true improvement in light delivery over just HID's in a halogen housing.

Archived