LegacyGT.com

(Video) Timing Belt Replacement 2.5T

I've gone through this process for both of my Spec B's now and I figured I make a video of it as I went through. The current article on this site was informative but I felt like it wasn't all inclusive. So I spent a good amount of time putting this video together for you all to help out any of those that may be to nervous to change their own timing belt. It's really not too bad, so hopefully this helps even one person save $800 from taking their car to a careless shop for this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAqy9XZu_a0]YouTube - How to Change a Subaru Timing Belt[/ame]

• 7 months later...

This video was much appreciated and extremely useful.

I won't hate on your method for locking the cams in place, but I will say, it didn't work for me. Clearly, I did something wrong. Nonetheless, I was able to get everything lined back up again and she runs smooth without any problems.

I probably wouldn't have tackled this job myself if I hadn't found this video/thread, so huge thanks!

Haven't watched this vid yet but I'm sure it's great. Thanks for posting. Glad to know there is a walkthrough video when I have to take this on (which fortunately will not be for another 20k+ miles).

• 2 months later...

Archived