LegacyGT.com

uel headers on 2007 legacy non-turbo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, here we go again.

Don't waste your money doing that. Just sell the car and buy a real GT and you can join all the rest of us with are misery.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm trying to install unequal length headers on my 2007 legacy non turbo. What ones will fit and stay fitting when i install the avo turbo kit? Cant find direct answers. Thank you.

Only two options:

1. Rallisport UEL header

2. Stock manifold

What's the avo turbo bring the power up to? 170 whp?

@ the wheels 191-200hp depending on the car and tune. That is a safe tune btw 8-9lbs of boost you are in the low 200's with ease so not a terrible option.

Don't care, im doing it. I will post my successes if any, here for other n/a owners to see if It really is worth it from personal experience. Car gets 175hp to the crank that's probably 125 to the wheels give or take. Avo states at just 4.5-5 psi i can get an lousy extra 100 to the wheels but this will be tuned no more then 8 psi so hopefully 300hp. 203? sounds like a jealous GT owner. if I happen to blow the motor, then a motor swap will commence. This is a hobby of mine, to take base model cars and get performance out of them. 2005 nissan altima 2.5 s base n/a model turbocharged to 290hp to the wheels. This is why I bother. It's fun. Now aside from all the negative n/a hating responses. Thank you GEE-OTTO for the professional direct response.

Don't care, im doing it. I will post my successes if any, here for other n/a owners to see if It really is worth it from personal experience. Car gets 175hp to the crank that's probably 125 to the wheels give or take. Avo states at just 4.5-5 psi i can get an lousy extra 100 to the wheels but this will be tuned no more then 8 psi so hopefully 300hp. 203? sounds like a jealous GT owner. if I happen to blow the motor, then a motor swap will commence. This is a hobby of mine, to take base model cars and get performance out of them. 2005 nissan altima 2.5 s base n/a model turbocharged to 290hp to the wheels. This is why I bother. It's fun. Now aside from all the negative n/a hating responses. Thank you GEE-OTTO for the professional direct response.

I've owned 2 fourth gen n/a's btw.

Not jealous man. Just curious as to why you wouldn't buy a gt at that rate. It's not like they are double the cost.

With that in mind, to each their own and good luck. Have fun sir.

So, you've done that to yours, then?

That's boy haha

Istick3pedals ran both the UEL and stock on his 2.5i Turbo. He preferred the stock EL over the Rallisport UEL made a few more ponies.

Yeah he was one of the guys I talked to about it I know it was deff around 200 to the wheels

what I don't understand is how 8 psi will only get another 75 horses to the wheels. are you stating that avo is lying about the hp gains at just 4 psi? If so thanks that saves from doing it.

That ratio sounds about right. 1psi for 10whp, give or take.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Don't care, im doing it. I will post my successes if any, here for other n/a owners to see if It really is worth it from personal experience. Car gets 175hp to the crank that's probably 125 to the wheels give or take. Avo states at just 4.5-5 psi i can get an lousy extra 100 to the wheels but this will be tuned no more then 8 psi so hopefully 300hp. 203? sounds like a jealous GT owner. if I happen to blow the motor, then a motor swap will commence. This is a hobby of mine, to take base model cars and get performance out of them. 2005 nissan altima 2.5 s base n/a model turbocharged to 290hp to the wheels. This is why I bother. It's fun.

I'm looking forward to watching (again) someone put more money and time into an economy sedan than it would have taken to peruse craigslist and pick up an off-the shelf model with ultimately higher performance.

Don't worry about the "i" envy; all of us GT owners have it. We also struggle with chronic back pain from having to tote around our enormous johnsons.

This is a hobby of mine... to subscribe to threads in which people throw money, logic, and sound advice to the wind to walk a path scattered with the credit card statements and scrapped parts of the literally hundreds of wannabe Hickstas that came before them.

It's fun.

Tits mcgee

Archived