LegacyGT.com

Front rotors for 05 legacy GT Limited pain the in the arse to find?

Hello there, I am trying to do a full brake job on my 05 legacy GT Limited ( I guess its limited, according to research if it has leather seats, power front seat, moon roof etc it makes it a limited).

I found "CENTRIC" rotors for the rear on amazon, but when I try to search for any fronts, they all exclude the limited version... any thoughts?

Are they the same size? This is what it says

Notes: Front Premium Rotor, I - LIMITED (EXC GT LIMITED)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-120-47012-Premium-E-Coating/dp/B000BZXR5Y/ref=au_pf_ss_6?ie=UTF8&Make=Subaru%7C13&Model=Legacy%7C64&Year=2005%7C2005&carId=002&n=15684181&s=automotive]Centric Parts 120.47012 Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

deadsnake,

The rotor you gave listed is for the non-turbo 2.5 I (diameter too small).

You need to find rotors for the GT, whether Limited or not are the same.

Don't quote me, but I beleive that the GT front rotors are 12.4" in diameter.

Reason is Amazon is cheaper plus I get free 2 day shipping :(

The reason to use vendors is you don't have to keep posting the same question over and over. 2 day shipping doesn't mean much if you get the wrong rotor and no help with issues. It's your money.

If you are buying discs and not pads too, you are likely chasing the wrong solution. just saying. Rears wear so much less than fronts.

You email Mike at http://www.AZPinstalls.com he will sell you what you need, the right part the first time.

It really is that easy.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you blackontan! Finally I have the correct pair of rotors, any recommendations on brake pads?

You email Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com he will sell you what you need, the right part the first time.

It really is that easy.

Call Mike.

I have Hawk HPS pads on the front of my 09, they dust up quickly, but have good cold bite.

I have Hawk Ceramic all around on my 05 and they work nice, but not a quick to bite the rotor when cold, after they warm up they are awesome.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

If a vendor can find you the part number you need, great, but cross check the price with Amazon. I don't take the vendor's advice for granted but I've seen items up to 40% cheaper on Amazon/RockAuto than vendors sometimes.

If you don't have the money to shell out to vendors for premium advice, then learn to use google/search tool.

Support the Vendors like m sprank and Mike at AZPinstalls.com that help out here for free, and will answer your questions when you ask them.

These guy's are trying to keep there business running and make sure you get the right part the first time.

They have a long history and background working on these cars, use them and support them.

Can you trust some guy on ebay or know your buying the right brake pad and rotor set for your driving style.

These guys know what they are talking about. You can email and PM them right from here. For the few $'s you'll save how much is the free customer support worth.

Support the Vendors like m sprank and Mike at AZPinstalls.com that help out here for free, and will answer your questions when you ask them.

I answered his question and I don't run a store or expect anything in return.

I learnt from trial and experience just as they did. Are my answers worth less than theirs just because I'm not making a profit?

I have spent over $2000 with the vendors here in just the past month. Mostly positive but also with one negative experience which I didn't need.

I think you and Catalyst doth shill too much.

I answered his question and I don't run a store or expect anything in return.

I learnt from trial and experience just as they did. Are my answers worth less than theirs just because I'm not making a profit?

I have spent over $2000 with the vendors here in just the past month. Mostly positive but also with one negative experience which I didn't need.

I think you and Catalyst doth shill too much.

Sorry, don't really understand.

When I wanted rotor's I emailed Mike at AZP, told him what I wanted DBA 4000 slotted fronts and he sent them to me, when I needed the vf52, I emailed him in the morning, I had it the next day. When I wanted a oil pump for the new short block, emailed Mike told him to send me what he would use.

Bought a lot of stuff for my engine R&R from him.

I don't get why its so hard to find brake rotor's...?

Archived