LegacyGT.com

08 Spec B Nav screen died , new one $1200 !! Any solutions ?

samsam

Ask them if they can send out to get repaired. I work at a Toyota dealer and when we have a bad radio or nav we send it out to Panasonic or Fujitsu or whoever made the radio and they repair it for a fee buts its a lot cheaper than buying a new one. Turn around time is about 7-10 days

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

They should still be able to remove the unit out and get it sent out to be repaired for a fee. I know its not warranty. Or you can find out who makes the unit and contact the company to see if you can get it repaired directly

Any on eBay? My friend got one for his prius for like 100 where the dealer was like 600?

Yea its insane. Screen is around $800 thru Toyota. If it has nav its 4600-6400 thru Toyota on some models. I don't understand how they price it....

i just checked ebay and i guess on subarus, its not as common, cause i didnt see any.

The prius screen read out like the stereo and hvac controls etc. i dont think it had a brain in it. it was pretty light from what i remember. but it was a used oem unit.

i think converting from non-navi to navi has alot more parts. im not familiar though.

yeah the dealership is ridiculous. my friends is250 screen broke so she has max ac on all the time because thats what the setting was when the screen broke lol. great for the summer time to an extent but its full blast lol. but the dealership quoted her a few thousand. looking on ebay right now and average going rate is 1200+.... =/

Archived