LegacyGT.com

rear springs. need info

• I Donated

Why does it matter?

Generally wagon / sedan parts are interchangeable with each other. Tons of people have done it with no complaints.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I work for a salvage yard and am replacing my rear struts with used parts (because of cost vs new). Our computer inventory system says the parts interchange but there are different spring rates available and does not specify what they are or which cars are different. If the L wagons have a heavier spring, I will use them instead of sedan springs.

a wagon has much heavier rear ends, you can see that by looking at them. there are spacers available if the wagon gets "saggy butt". id say do it, wait a month and take a look at where the rear is sitting. if its fine to you, go with it. if its looking saggy, get some spacers on that sucker.

I have a sedan. I want the heavier springs to compensate for my stereo system and always having passengers in the car. My wheels have a wide offset and I rub just a little when loaded. I'm hoping heavier springs will keep my quarters off my tires.

Archived