LegacyGT.com

I know there are a million oil threads out there so sorry if I am being redundant. I am at 180,000 miles and my car seems to be burning near a quart every 1500 miles. Does that seem high or is that normal? What oil should I be running in my older car. I've tried castrol synthetic blend 5w 30 but usually just go castrol 5w 30. Heard of people running the diesel oil shell rotella t 15w 40. Does anyone do that? What will allow my engine to still run strong with good protection and reduce burn off? Thanks for the help.

I know there are a million oil threads out there so sorry if I am being redundant. I am at 180,000 miles and my car seems to be burning near a quart every 1500 miles. Does that seem high or is that normal? What oil should I be running in my older car. I've tried castrol synthetic blend 5w 30 but usually just go castrol 5w 30. Heard of people running the diesel oil shell rotella t 15w 40. Does anyone do that? What will allow my engine to still run strong with good protection and reduce burn off? Thanks for the help.

You really should just have it looked at if you need that thick of an oil just to keep it from burning. It might work for a while but unless your on the track it is really just making the problem worse in my opinion.

Archived