LegacyGT.com

Right front turn signal not working

Hey everyone,

I just picked up my 96 legacy a couple days ago, and I love it. I've been looking it all over in hopes to get it ready for a sticker. one afternoon I noticed that my right front blinker wasn't working. I took it apart and the light was burnt, so I replaced it with the bulb required in the manual, and it still doesn't work. It comes on when I have the parking light on, and I've also noticed that the arrow on the dash is extremely dim, I can't see it blink during the day. For some odd reason, my other lights on the dash blink with it, but it's just when I activate the right turn signal. Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked fuses, all working and correct

I have replaced the front and rear bulbs on the right side in case of voltage issue.

So far the right rear signal works, just not the front

there's a certain way to put the bulb in; one way will cause a short that leads to some kind of a blinker malfunction, the other works just fine. try fitting in the bulb a different way (rotating it halfway around, the contacts meet the back panel differently). I had the same problem...also if you don't have the right bulb it'll cause problems too. Recheck everything to make sure it's the right bulb before you go forward.

I figured it out. the connection was bad in the harness, and apparently the dipstick that owned the car before me put the wrong kind on the left side as well. It was supposed to be housings for the 1157 bulbs. someone put a 1457 socket in there.I just went over to Napa and bought a couple harnesses for 6 bucks and it works great now :)

Archived