LegacyGT.com

rear window wiper

mjcdriscoll

so i just traded in my '00 impreza rs sedan for an '05 LGT limited :D (wow was i impressed with the driving characteristics). i can't believe the acura tsx was Car & Drivers best sports sedan in their newest 10 best list (i lost respect for them on that one. anyways i just found & joined the site and was pleased to now someone started a great site and happened to notice the pic of our car shows a rear window wiper and this is not an option - how where and when can i get one for mine and do i even need one? btw - the LGT has come a long way since the last version!!!!!

sincerely,

one extremely satisfied subaru customer

what other things are offered on the jdm version that we don't get?

Dear extremely satisfied subaru customer,

believe me, the less you know, the happier you are.

- another gt owner in denver.

This Space For Rent

thanks for the reply - that blows that we don't get that option - what other things are offered on the jdm version that we don't get?

Navigation, Electric folding mirrors, keyless entry controls on key, Double DIN radio/Climate control, and more but someone will chime in with them.

You would need the JDM motor for the wiper, the actual wiper, the wiring for the switch, the switch itself, AND the rear windshield itself. Trust me, it's not worth the trouble.

Jedimaster is pulling your leg on the fact that his car is a WAGON :p Only JDM sedans have the rear wipers on their sedans.

Keefe

Keefe

Hey,

Welcome to the site and hope you're enjoying your new LGT. Have to agree it is a balanced piece of performance, near-luxury, and has room for some minor tweaks and changes, e.g., navigation, electrically controlled folding mirrors, rear window wiper/washer on the sedans, etc. Having lived in Japan during typhoon season (much like Southern California last month) the rear window wiper is a nice feature.

But, unfortunately we don't get it here in the USDM. I'm not even sure if our friends Down Undah get the rear window wiper option. Perhaps Adam could chime in here and let us know.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You would need the JDM motor for the wiper, the actual wiper, the wiring for the switch, the switch itself, AND the rear windshield itself. Trust me, it's not worth the trouble.

Keefe

Just out of curiosity, why would the windshield matter. I can see needing to make space for mounting and such, but is there something special about it?

• 3 years later...
thanks for the reply - that blows that we don't get that option - what other things are offered on the jdm version that we don't get?

Trunk Monkey and the intercooler anti-soap guard...save intercooler from blowing up.

Rehab is for quitters.

You would need the JDM motor for the wiper, the actual wiper, the wiring for the switch, the switch itself, AND the rear windshield itself.

Keefe

? Seems to me a T-handle mounted in the dash, some cabling & pulleys would be an adequate replacement for all that wiring and stuff ;)

edit: better yet modify the left footrest to be the actuator; 50lbs of pressure, 4" travel ought to be enough.

Archived