LegacyGT.com

possibly h6 swap into 92 legacy

Okay guys if anyone could help me out with all the info I could need on possibly doing an h6 swap into a 92legacy that would be great. I used to own one before but had to let it go due to it being totaled from being rear ended. But if anyone could please help me out it would be appreciated!

I haven't seen one in a first gen yet but may I ask why? Plenty of powerplants that will allow you to keep the ac condenser without fabrication of new mounts. I guess if you just want to be different then be sure to post a build thread. If you want a torque monster you could just get a 2.5 turbo motor/ecu. Theres plenty of work just getting that to work.

Yea I was thinking about dropping a 22b motor into it. And I for sure want something that's gonna take people by surprise and something that's different. Tired of seeing Hondas around here lol. But as far as fabrication goes I know nothing.

to OP: which H6 motor? Subaru has made a few different ones.

Stuffing a 3.0 into a 1st Gen would be slick, and smooth. You'd need the whole donor though, and there'd be a lot of wiring to do. Would be cool to stuff the whole dash cluster in there if able.

I was at a upull last weekend and they had an immaculate 1990 xt with a 2.7 h6..wonder how those motors are, might be a much more simple swap seeing as they are both obd1.

FTFY. :-)

The XT6 powerplant wasn't much to brag about. It's a rocker box motor so they leak like a sieve, plus it's about the same power as the Legacy 2.2. I had a few of those in the mid/late 90's and always wanted to put the 2.2 in it for reliability and easier maintenance.

SVX 3.3 or EZ30D would be the ticket if you're really after a 6cyl swap. First and most important question: is the chassis you've got worth the effort? I won't go through the trouble of a swap that involved unless we're talking about a rust-free, dent-free, needs no paint, clean as a pin inside and out car.

Archived